Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2016, 12:57 PM   #1
Member
 
Marine3038's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tampa
Posts: 91
Rockford Roo Frame Warranty

Does anyone know how long the frame warranty is for Rockford Roo Hybrids?

For some reason I can't find this info - Forest River is saying it is one year but that doesn't sound right!

thank you!
__________________

__________________
Marine3038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:16 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
KMP44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central New York
Posts: 1,025
Some components (fiberglass, rubber roof) have individual paperwork in the packet you receive when you buy the trailer specifying longer warranty periods, but the frame isn't one of them. So its one year unless you bought the second year warranty which would get you a second year on the frame.
__________________

__________________


2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:28 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
Some components (fiberglass, rubber roof) have individual paperwork in the packet you receive when you buy the trailer specifying longer warranty periods, but the frame isn't one of them. So its one year unless you bought the second year warranty which would get you a second year on the frame.

Does it get you a second year on the frame? It may not. Despite the second year warranty form actually saying frame in the detailed list it then gos on to say "it includes all exclusions in the original warranty".

The original warranty excludes the "chassis" per the clause below.

EXCLUSIONS FROM THIS WARRANTY: Warrantor expressly disclaims any responsibility for damage to the unit where damage is due to condensation, normal wear and tear or exposure to elements. Warrantor makes no warranty with regard to, but not limited to, the chassis, including, without limitation, any mechanical parts or systems of the chassis, axles, tires, tubes, batteries and gauges, routine maintenance, equipment and appliances, or audio and/or video equipment. Their respective manufacturers and suppliers may warrant some of these items. Warranty information with respect to these items is available from your dealer.
__________________
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:34 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
KMP44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central New York
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Does it get you a second year on the frame? It may not. Despite the second year warranty form actually saying frame in the detailed list it then gos on to say "it includes all exclusions in the original warranty".

The original warranty excludes the "chassis" per the clause below.

EXCLUSIONS FROM THIS WARRANTY: Warrantor expressly disclaims any responsibility for damage to the unit where damage is due to condensation, normal wear and tear or exposure to elements. Warrantor makes no warranty with regard to, but not limited to, the chassis, including, without limitation, any mechanical parts or systems of the chassis, axles, tires, tubes, batteries and gauges, routine maintenance, equipment and appliances, or audio and/or video equipment. Their respective manufacturers and suppliers may warrant some of these items. Warranty information with respect to these items is available from your dealer.
Don't know for sure - but I would read frame and chassis as two different things. Chassis is probably referring to motorhome chassis built by car/truck companies.

Form says it extends coverage on the frame to 2 years. The frame is actually one of the only components that didn't come with separate literature and specific warranty coverage information. Between Lippert and FR there has to be a warranty on the frame.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf attachment.pdf (843.3 KB, 11 views)
__________________


2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:44 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
Don't know for sure - but I would read frame and chassis as two different things. Chassis is probably referring to motorhome chassis built by car/truck companies.

Form says it extends coverage on the frame to 2 years. The frame is actually one of the only components that didn't come with separate literature and specific warranty coverage information. Between Lippert and FR there has to be a warranty on the frame.
Gray area maybe, I know LCI warrants their frame for 1 year but good luck finding a copy of that warranty. You're right, nothing about the frame comes with the unit, and you won't find it on the LCI website either.

The section I quoted concerning the chassis exclusion was from the warranty section in the 2016 Forest River travel trailer manual. It may have been a carryover form motorized verbiage.
__________________
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ford, frame, roo, warranty

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 PM.