Old 03-16-2015, 03:07 PM   #11

Maybe if your TT isn't there by that date, I would maybe go to that dealer and ask for a loaner for that weekend, due to he said that it would be there for Mothers' Day, better than nothing.

2014 nites booked 10
Truth B Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:58 PM   #12

March 3,2014 ordered a Roo at the Milwaukee Rv show. After many phone calls I still didn't have it on June 15th. Cancelled the camper and purchased almost the exact trailer through Camping World in Saukville WI. They drove it up from their Chicago store 2 days later. Paid less then the Rv shows "special pricing" I will never order another camper and have wait that long again. Good luck waiting for yours. Keep us posted!

Old 03-16-2015, 03:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by syogerst View Post
March 3,2014 ordered a Roo at the Milwaukee Rv show. After many phone calls I still didn't have it on June 15th. Cancelled the camper and purchased almost the exact trailer through Camping World in Saukville WI. They drove it up from their Chicago store 2 days later. Paid less then the Rv shows "special pricing" I will never order another camper and have wait that long again. Good luck waiting for yours. Keep us posted!
Didn't you lose your deposit?
Old 03-16-2015, 04:41 PM   #14

Ordered our roo at the exact same time. I was told 4-6 weeks...sort of expect more like 8-10. The funny thing is I contacted them to ask about changing one option and I was told it is too late it has already gone into construction/assembly phase. My hunch is they just didn't want the hassle. It will be funny if I check in a few weeks from now and they tell me no idea now that they claimed it is already being built.

At what point will these be 2016 models? My only concern is fabric changes if the model year changes. Not sure when any changes would be public?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-16-2015, 04:49 PM   #15

FR normally notifies of a fabric change as a courtesy since that's so subjective buyer-to-buyer and will ask for new choice. That's not set in stone, but what DW and I experienced along with a few friends we know.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:59 PM   #16

Wait too long in to late winter, early spring, and the line gets long. We placed our order Jan. 29. Pick it up this Thursday. Seven weeks, but it has been at the dealer since early last week. Their shop was too busy until this week to get to work on it.

Good luck. It is worth the wait.

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
Ordered our roo at the exact same time. I was told 4-6 weeks...sort of expect more like 8-10. The funny thing is I contacted them to ask about changing one option and I was told it is too late it has already gone into construction/assembly phase. My hunch is they just didn't want the hassle. It will be funny if I check in a few weeks from now and they tell me no idea now that they claimed it is already being built.

At what point will these be 2016 models? My only concern is fabric changes if the model year changes. Not sure when any changes would be public?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Mine should be in first or second week of May, I was told it would be a 2016.

2013 Ford F150 3.5 ECO SCREW
TT233S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:06 PM   #18

Didn't loose any of my deposit. They acted like they were happy to get rid of me. I will always wonder if they never even ordered it or if the order was lost. I will never go into that dealer no matter how bad I need something. I'm so thankful for the the sales staff at CW.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:02 PM   #19
New to Forest River

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrun View Post
Ugh, told them the drop dead date was May 1, and they told me that no way would it take that long. But yeah, they were wanting my check in hand so I beleive they would have told me one week to get the sale. Sure hope it won't take that long, I am giving away our tent to my daughter this weekend and we have mother's day reservations.

Anyone know if picking up from the factory ourselves is an option? It's not that far.

We tried for that option but we're required to pick up our Rockwood 2703WS from a dealer in Elkheart IN. This was arranged by the local dealership where we purchased the TT.

This turned out to be a mixed bag. The batteries installed by the dealer in IN were marine starter batteries rather than true deep cycle. The local dealer replaced them when we returned home. During the DPI I found a marginal seal between the roof and front cap. When I asked that the tech add some additional sealer he said that they didn't have time to do warranty work. I called my local dealer and the tech showed up with a tube of Dicor sealant shortly thereafter. This could have worked out badly if our dealer hadn't stepped up to the plate.

If I purchase another TT I will weigh advantage of having dealer prep done by the local dealer vs saving $$$ by picking up the unit near the manufacturer.

Grey Nomads, Ron and Sue
Old 03-17-2015, 11:02 AM   #20

I feel for you wanting to know. Last year ordered in the 3rd week of January. Told 4-6 weeks. Well the trailer was done, but there was no one to haul it to the dealer (RVDirect) in NY. RVDirect ended up going to get it and another themselves instead of waiting so I didn't get mine until the Wednesday before Memorial Day weekend. had all of a day or so to load it up and go camping for the first time in it (dry camping) and everything went well. Mostly because of reading this board and knowing ahead of time about how the systems worked etc...

Same with us told it would be a 2015 last year, no changes. They usually do any big model changes during the shut down week in the summer

2015 Nights Camping: 39
2016 Reserved: 23
Davylee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood