Old 03-16-2015, 11:46 AM   #1

Rockwood production schedule?

Well its been 3 weeks since we ordered our Roo. At least, it was over 3 weeks ago that we put down our deposit. We were told 4-6 weeks production estimate, but haven't heard anything about a delivery date. I called the dealer today and he hadn't received the production schedule yet and was hoping to hear something this week. Has anyone else who placed an order around the same time frame heard anything? I was hoping to have at least gotten an estimated date by now. Geez, can you tell I'm anxious?

Old 03-16-2015, 12:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrun View Post
Well its been 3 weeks since we ordered our Roo. At least, it was over 3 weeks ago that we put down our deposit. We were told 4-6 weeks production estimate, but haven't heard anything about a delivery date. I called the dealer today and he hadn't received the production schedule yet and was hoping to hear something this week. Has anyone else who placed an order around the same time frame heard anything? I was hoping to have at least gotten an estimated date by now. Geez, can you tell I'm anxious?
To give you an idea...
3 years ago, I bought a Rockwood Ultralite 2604...sign the papers and place the order on March 3rd.
Took possession of the trailer the last weekend of May, 12 or 13 weeks.
The problem is the drivers hauling them from the factory...very, very busy time of year for them in the spring, and not enough of them.
So, I hope the waiting period is not to long for you !
Happy camping with your new unit

***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
To give you an idea...
3 years ago, I bought a Rockwood Ultralite 2604...sign the papers and place the order on March 3rd.
Took possession of the trailer the last weekend of May, 12 or 13 weeks.
The problem is the drivers hauling them from the factory...very, very busy time of year for them in the spring, and not enough of them.
So, I hope the waiting period is not to long for you !
Happy camping with your new unit
Ugh, told them the drop dead date was May 1, and they told me that no way would it take that long. But yeah, they were wanting my check in hand so I beleive they would have told me one week to get the sale. Sure hope it won't take that long, I am giving away our tent to my daughter this weekend and we have mother's day reservations.
Anyone know if picking up from the factory ourselves is an option? It's not that far.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:22 PM   #4

I dont think they will allow that due to liability and the fact that you dont actually own it.
cpd1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:36 PM   #5

This is funny" to see a thread like this " as we placed an order a couple Fridays ago, so it will be three weeks this Friday that we placed are order, we were told that it will take ten weeks . A sales rep from the factory was in the building where we placed the order, and this is what they told us and the owner of the place where were buying it from. We expect pick up either the first or second weekend in May. Me and my wife are OK with this, any later and we might have problems, but ten week will work for us it might not for you, hope they can meet the dead line they gave you and your happy, hope all goes good for you!!!!!

2013 Ford F150 3.5 ECO SCREW
TT233S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:43 PM   #6

The standard turnaround time for a factory order is 8-10 weeks. 12 weeks is a good rule of thumb to go by before you need to start inquiring.

I ordered my pop up last July and got it in October.

What you need to understand is that the USA economy is going gangbusters and everyone is looking to buy cars, trucks, boats, RV's , and planes. They just cannot make these fast enough. People are buying them like crazy.

Your May 1st date might be hard. Did you make any reservations? They will generally tell you not to until you take delivery of the unit.

I felt lucky that I was able to use it once during the Columbus day weekend before putting a tarp over it for the next 8 months of warranty. Here in the Northeast, Columbus Day is the end of the season.

Good luck. We hope it works out well for you.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:51 PM   #7

Different lines have somewhat different production times, but even when we were shopping late last summer and considering ordering delivery time was 8-10 weeks for a Rockwood Signature Ultralite. However, the rep thought maybe as quick as 6 because we were going to order before the show sales crunch from a big volume dealer with transport from the factory almost daily and within a day's drive for the transporter. Other lines were quoted 10-14 weeks out, and again, all before the ramp to fulfill show season orders.

I recently spoke to someone inside FR also, and know some of the lines currently have delays due to the contracted suppliers not being able to furnish parts and components to keep up with the increased build demand.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:09 PM   #8

Well you folks are not giving me much hope for our mother's day reservations. Like I said, I told the dealer we needed it by May 1 and they said absolutely no problem. It's not like they are new to the business. Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrun View Post
Well you folks are not giving me much hope for our mother's day reservations. Like I said, I told the dealer we needed it by May 1 and they said absolutely no problem. It's not like they are new to the business. Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Unfortunately the reality is that much of this is simply beyond the control of your dealer. They will get it when they get it. They are just waiting for it like you are.

I wish we had more encouraging news.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:37 PM   #10
Moderators' Assistant

IMHO, the dealer told you what you wanted to hear, to close the deal.
a 4-6 week delivery is unrealistic at this time of the year.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood