Old 05-24-2016, 04:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaware dave View Post
About the only concern I had with the 23WS was the terrible positioning of the TV. There is another model that puts it near the front door; a much better position. Has anyone had problems with grease popping off the stove onto the electronic controls?

Thanks for the heads up about the rear door issue. Curtain is an idea I will have to explore. Anyone know how hard it is to wire a TV cable into the "night stand" by the door? That would solve the TV location issue.
Keep on camping everyone and save a camping site for me. See you in Sept.
I do have to say that the location of the television in the 23ws is perfect. We love to watch the news in the morning with our cup of coffee at the table.
However, we don't cook inside too often especially greasy food like bacon.....that should be done outside.

I did bring the cable to the front cabinet, so we can watch tv from the bed, and here's how I did it:

1- I went behind the big TV in the main room and installed a cable splitter.

2- Connected a 30 foot cable..... drilled a hole in the wall and dropped the cable.....but it wasn't going nowhere

3- I unscrewed the DVD radio, pulled it out, and found an opening to dropped that cable.

4-I went in the bathroom, and in the cabinet under the sink, I grabbed the coaxial cable through the opening.

5- I drilled a hole in the floor and dropped the cable to the ground

6- Went under the camper and brought it to the front using tie wraps to attach it on the way

7- Drilled a hole where the front cabinet is and brought it up and installed it.

I did fill both holes I drilled with silicone that expend.

Total time to do the work (about an hour)

Old 05-24-2016, 05:57 PM   #12

Towing with Nissan Frontier

My 6 cylinder (4 door) has a tow capacity of 6400 lbs. and a bumper weight limit of 550 lbs. I am thinking no problem pulling the Roo 23WS with anti-sway lift system.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:07 PM   #13

Here is more information for you to consider....
with batteries, propane and stuff loaded in the camper, our tongue weight on our 23WS is 640 lbs. Weighed, not an estimate. (I was estimating 650 to 700 lbs based on 10% of camper gvrw). I was actually pleased to be a bit lighter than I was estimating.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
Traveled 19520 miles and 209 nights in 7 years and counting
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:33 PM   #14

Bumper Weight

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that the lift/anti-sway system lifted a good part of the trailer load off your bumper and a truck with 550 bumper limit was OK for a Roo 23WS. Am I all wrong?
Old 05-24-2016, 07:38 PM   #15

What, if any, is the difference between the Shamrock 23WS and the Roo 23WS? If none, why have both available for sale? Seems confusing.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:41 PM   #16

Quote:
What, if any, is the difference between the Shamrock 23WS and the Roo 23WS? If none, why have both available for sale? Seems confusing.
They are clones, they differ only in interior colors. I understand they are made on the same line.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
Traveled 19520 miles and 209 nights in 7 years and counting
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:55 PM   #17
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that the lift/anti-sway system lifted a good part of the trailer load off your bumper and a truck with 550 bumper limit was OK for a Roo 23WS. Am I all wrong?
It doesn't lower the hitch weight. It simply distributes some of it to the front axle.
You still will be over hitch capacity.
And you still haven't said what the truck's payload capacity is.

It's on the driver's door yellow sticker.
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Hi Delaware Dave and welcome to the forum. I'm from Middletown, Delaware so I can't be too far from you.

Your weight distribution hitch will distribute some of the tongue weight to your front TV axle and to your trailer axles. The weight that gets transferred to the trailer axles will help with your TV's payload but don't expect this to be more than 100-150lbs and this benefit will be mostly muted by the extra weight of the hitch itself.

We purchased a 2017 Shamrock 23IKSS in April of this year that we tow with a 1500 Suburban. I can tell you that with 4 people, medium luggage in the TV and a moderately packed trailer, we are right at or just below the GWV and GCVW of our Suburban. The 23WS is about 500lbs lighter than my IKSS which will help you but I have to think you will be overloading your TV unless you pack you truck very light.

As an earlier poster suggested, take a look at your payload and subtract the tongue weight, weight of your passengers and things and see where you are. Tow ratings are deceiving because when you tow a TT you will run out of payload before your reach your tow rating.
2003 Suburban 1500 Z71, 5.3/3.73, airbags, LT tires, Big Brake Upgrade, Prodigy P2
Shamrockthecasbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:32 PM   #19

Towing with Frontier

Tow capacity 6300
Bumper Load 630
Total truck and trailer limit 11300
Old 05-24-2016, 09:12 PM   #20

Quote:
styling...like the Sierra vs Silverado

Tags
rockwood, rockwood roo, roo