Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2016, 05:12 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYCamper View Post

The entertainment center will now be where it is in my 2015 model. Different from mine is the coat closet (seems like a good idea) and mine has the old style shower (with curtain).
It did not make sense to me when they moved the sofa to opposite the island. Having the dinette opposite the island allows the island to work as a serving area for meals. Glad they went back to this.
I agree - maybe they realized quickly how odd a move that was and are correcting it quickly! I'm still not a BIG fan of having the sofa & dinette next to each other (would rather they be across from each other to make a larger conversation area), and kinda wish they could fit a u-shaped dinette in there, but I guess you can't have everything in such a small space!!! :-)
2019 Days Camped: 5, but many more planned!
Maman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:01 AM   #42

The only reason I can think of them moving the sofa over to the kitchen area is to open up some walking space around the island when the sofa is in bed mode.
1996alnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:03 AM   #43

Correction. I meant to say the only reason they moved the sofa FROM the island area.
1996alnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:06 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maman325 View Post
I agree - maybe they realized quickly how odd a move that was and are correcting it quickly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996alnl View Post
The only reason I can think of them moving the sofa over to the kitchen area is to open up some walking space around the island when the sofa is in bed mode.
My theory on why they swapped them originally was because the IKSS shares the same slide with the 21SS. I think the switch was required to make the larger bathroom fit in the 21SS - and then they realized the switch really was odd for the IKSS so they put it back this year, and it looks like the 23WS may share the same slide now with the IKSS.

Makes a lot more sense to me have the couch across from the TV again in the 23IKSS. The new 23WS layout is nice and open as well - hard to tell from that sketch if it looses a lot of the counter space.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:02 AM   #45

Apparently the 23WS floorplan change is going to be renamed the 24WS.
New Forest River Rockwood Roo 24WS Hybrid Camper RVs For Sale at The Original RV Wholesalers

Sapphire package is no more nor con package C, now they are calling them Standard Roo package G. They note "Square Bunk Ends with Attached Boots and Aircraft Cable, Automotive Grade Easy Latch Bunk Latch/Lock".

I am curious to see if those are new/different features or just rehashing what is already used such as the plastic Rotovise latches. I know Keystone RV Center will have some 233's with the "G Package" at Hershey.

This 23WS change would have most likely been a deal breaker. I would of not wanted the smaller dinette. it looks like a wash on counter space by sq ft. It looks like a loss of overhead cabinet space. It also appears to have really hurt the ability to turtle while traveling to gain more open space. At 6'4" no way could I sack out on the smaller dinette. Why did they not bring back the pantry where the TV is on the current 23WS? Looks to be plenty of room there.
Its definitely being done to make that slide common to different models, which in turn makes the frames common also and reduces costs. Currently the 23WS has an above the floor slide and to do this floor plan change it needs a full height thru the frame slide as in the 21SS and 23IKSS. From what I have been seeing online, the price increase on them for 17.5 looks to be in the neighborhood of $1500.....ouch........about 10%......
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:06 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Apparently the 23WS floorplan change is going to be renamed the 24WS.
New Forest River Rockwood Roo 24WS Hybrid Camper RVs For Sale at The Original RV Wholesalers

Sapphire package is no more nor con package C, now they are calling them Standard Roo package G. They note "Square Bunk Ends with Attached Boots and Aircraft Cable, Automotive Grade Easy Latch Bunk Latch/Lock".

I am curious to see if those are new/different features or just rehashing what is already used such as the plastic Rotovise latches. I know Keystone RV Center will have some 233's with the "G Package" at Hershey.

This 23WS change would have most likely been a deal breaker. I would of not wanted the smaller dinette. it looks like a wash on counter space by sq ft. It looks like a loss of overhead cabinet space. It also appears to have really hurt the ability to turtle while traveling to gain more open space. At 6'4" no way could I sack out on the smaller dinette. Why did they not bring back the pantry where the TV is on the current 23WS? Looks to be plenty of room there.
Its definitely being done to make that slide common to different models, which in turn makes the frames common also and reduces costs. Currently the 23WS has an above the floor slide and to do this floor plan change it needs a full height thru the frame slide as in the 21SS and 23IKSS. From what I have been seeing online, the price increase on them for 17.5 looks to be in the neighborhood of $1500.....ouch........about 10%......

I imagine if you didn't see or own a 23ws then the 24 would be ok, I however am glad I grabbed the 23ws when I did, this camper is great on the road, we turtle while traveling and eat in there frequently, the U dinette is cozy and perfect for us, we also like the layout, I did't use the tv much on my other hybrid and am finding the same applies with this one, I also wouldn't want much less counter space, however I would imagine not sliding the sink and stove would amount to less trouble down the road but that all remains to be seen, so far so good, I can see where my 23ws was really expensive and time consuming to build. Like a lot of buyers you just adapt and get used to what you have but I am happy with my camper so far. Just got back from Cedar Point and rode some big storms in it with no problems at all.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:21 PM   #47

Nothing to add except we too love our 2016 23ws.....What a great hybrid.
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, rockwood roo, roo