Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #1

Roo 19

We are new to Rv'ing and to forums so please forgive if I ask for help that seems simple to everyone else.

We just purchased a new Model 19 Roo and am unable to locate the water canister. The spare filter and wrench were in the trailer, but no one seems to be able to tell me where the canister is located. The dealer was of no help and Forest River is also having a "duh" day. The answer I got was it's behind a panel. There are panels everywhere and I really wasn't entertaining the idea of disassembling the camper to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pouch puller from Missouri
pouch puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #2

OK. On my 2007 Roo 19 the fresh water tank is under the sleep sofa.
You can get to it by opening the sofa or through the storage compartment door. Hope this helps you.

Charlie
Cherokee39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #3
CampeRooo

On my 2k, while i'm looking towards the front of the camper from the inside, the fresh water tank is on the right, under the cushion and panel, closest to the door. The water filter canister would be on the left side, under the cushion and panel closest to the front bunk (the long one). Hot water tank and furnace is also on the left hand side, under the short cushion and panel.

Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:13 AM   #4

My 2010 Roo 19 Hybrid has the water filter under the front seat of the dinette. It came out the filter un-installed so you may be looking at "the filter" versus looking at a spare filter. Simple to install.
reabcelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #5

If you locate your fresh water tank, the pump that you can hear running while 12 volt powered (no water hookups), the pump and filter are within a foot or 2 of the tank. On my unit, there is a removable piece of paneling inside of the bottom cabinet under the sink to access mine. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #6

On my 08, Its under the front seat of my dinette. lift the plywood up and there it is!!!
boudie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
Site Team

be careful, the filter cartridge that they gave us is way too restrictive for good water flow.

we never used it in our water filter. got a more porous cartridge that allowed for good filtration and good water flow.

this was back in 2007. maybe the newer ones have a more appropriate filter cartridge.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #8

We have 2010 Roo 19 and the filter is under the dinette seat closest to the front bunk. Lift cushion and lift plywood and it is there. After about 5 or 6 trips we have decided to no longer use the filter under the seat. It was a PITA to put in and take out every trip, not to mention the water that spilled out every time. We now use an in-line water filter outside hooked up to the campground faucet. Out guy at the dealership said it was fine to do that but to have the in-lime filter on the spigot Side of the hose and not hanging off the camper due to the weight. The weight of the wet filter could cause a crack in the plastics used for the water intake.
southpaw821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #9
ROO Nan

Smile

This is our second season in our new 2010 ROO 19. Hey, forget the water canister/filter. We always take bottled water with us -- even to make our AM coffee. We will NEVER use the water canister/filter. We tent-camped 30 years before buying our sweet ROO last year. WE LOVE IT! Have fun!
TravelinNanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #10

I just picked up my 2011 Roo 21BH. The water filter was under the sink/stove cabinet, behind those flimsy panels.

First thing I did was remove all those panels and increase my storage space.(taking care not to snag any wires and tubes).

Second thing I did was to pull out the complete water filter unit and reconnected the tubing without it. Like others said it is difficult to get too and messy. I will be putting hose fittings on the filter unit and place it out side TT at water supply of site.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo