Old 03-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #31

Great answer. Thanks! Maybe drilling into the side of my camper to install D rings is not the best approach.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #32

bike rack

I like what I see about attaching the receiver. Is there any problem with the balance of the unit and the tounge weight? What about any issues with flooring and assuring that the frame doesn't bend? Factory rep that I talked to at a recent show said two bike not an issue more could cause flooring issues. I've got 3 kids and have a 5 bike rack. Has this worked for you?

Old 03-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrotor View Post
I went to a local metal supply shop, picked up a receiver hitch which was 12 inches in length.....
Flyrotor - thank you so much for this - what a great idea.

I'll probably do something along those lines too.

Regards,

Denis
Old 03-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxffmedx View Post
I like what I see about attaching the receiver. Is there any problem with the balance of the unit and the tounge weight? What about any issues with flooring and assuring that the frame doesn't bend? Factory rep that I talked to at a recent show said two bike not an issue more could cause flooring issues. I've got 3 kids and have a 5 bike rack. Has this worked for you?
Well I think if my 150-200 pounds of bikes bends the 8 or 10 inch frame of 1/4 in steel, then I sure better not overload my suburban which has a molded frame. Worst case scenario, my welds will break, but there is no way ever that this setup will bend the frame on a 23' trailer.

As for balance and tongue weight, there are a lot more variables in my everyday camping items, water weight, black and grey tanks, storage under the front queen bed etc. which will affect the tongue weight. As long as my overall total weights are in check, there should not be any issues.

My bike rack is a Thule 5 bike rack, when tent camping, I had a small utility trailer which I carried all my equipment, there again it became an issue carrying 3 kayaks and 5 bikes, so I rebuilt the tongue of the trailer, extended it about 5 or 6 feet, and installed a receiver hitch in front of the cargo box, faced forward above the tongue, the bikes rode very well there. There are several mods that can be done with a high quality receiver mounted bike rack and it will still perform. Keyword is High Quality, you get what you pay for when buying bike racks.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #35

Thanks much appreciate the info! I've got a Hollywood rack that we currently use on a dual receiver with a pop-up but won't be able to with a new unit so looking for viable options beside roof mounting on our Seqoia so the wife can use it when I'm at work.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #36

I just picked up a used 2006 Rockwood Roo 233 and camped this past week at the beach. I really like this camper.
2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
Reese WD Hitch
Hayes Brake Controller
jconstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #37

Roo 233 Hot Water Heater

Anyone know the correct valve setting for the 2006 Rockwood Roo 233 hot water plumbing? I am getting only luke warm water from this heater and it takes a long time to even get that. Just got this camper and it was winterized by previous owner. I am pretty sure I have the wrong valve setting somewhere but I cannot find it.

Thanks in advance.
Reese WD Hitch
Hayes Brake Controller
Old 04-13-2010, 08:16 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconstantin View Post
Anyone know the correct valve setting for the 2006 Rockwood Roo 233 hot water plumbing? I am getting only luke warm water from this heater and it takes a long time to even get that. Just got this camper and it was winterized by previous owner. I am pretty sure I have the wrong valve setting somewhere but I cannot find it.

Thanks in advance.
The water valve going into and coming out of the water heater should both be completely open.....the valve should be in the same position as the fitting. The valve that joins the inlet and outlet valves should be completely closed......the valve should be at a 90 degree angle to the fitting.

Go on over to the welcome mat and introduce yourself. Post pictures.....we like pictures.

to the forum.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #39
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconstantin View Post
Thanks in advance.
check your outside shower, too. also could have been winterized and isn't in its correct configuration for normal.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #40

the outside shower was winterized. I saw the pink stuff coming out when I rinsed it all out. does your comment mean there is a valve (switch) to turn off the outside shower or re-route water around the outside shower?

Reese WD Hitch
Hayes Brake Controller

Tags
233, roo