Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #1

ROO 233 peace of mind

After reading various threads on Leaky bunks and FR customer care, I decided to call both my dealer and FR. FR said the leaky front bunk in particular has been addressed with redesigns in the past 2 model years.

The dealer was straight up with me on past ROO problems and further told other nonFR lines of expandable units had as many if not more leaky problems than the Roo. They further said for about 3 years they stopped carrying expandables all together. With that said, they really like the improvements Rockwood made in the Roo and have had zero customer issues with the new design.

I asked about the warranty work and so forth and they acknowledged there are some dealers who are not the best. It was good to speak to folks and for people to be candid about past issues.
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
Site Team

FR, Jayco, Starcraft, Thor and R-Vision are the only manufacturers that have not dropped hybrids entirely, for any period of time. at least that i can think of.

Roo, Shamrock, Jayco(including the Kiwi), Kodiak/Cub and Travel Star/Antigua, Trail Cruiser/Trail Sport hybrids have never had a time that they weren't being produced. Jayco did drop the Antigua line shortly after they shut down the Starcraft factory.

other companies that made them, did drop hybrids, such as Keystone's Zeppelin II. they just recently brought hybrids back into their product lines.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags