Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2016, 04:52 PM   #1

Roo 233S freshwater tank probs

Help! I bought a 2010 233S from someone who mistreated her. I have fixed/solved most of the issues, but the one that lingers involves filling the freshwater holding tank. I bought one of those attachments that fits on the end of the hose to navigate the dramatic angle but when I open up the valve, I can only do so about 5 degrees before the water starts spilling back out at me. I have tried opening all of the faucets to relieve pressure, but it doesn't seem to help at all.

My brother-in-law has a very similar hybrid called a Coyote with the same sort of setup. He was complaining about how long it takes him to fill the tank...10 friggin minutes! Mine takes about 2 hours!

My patience is trickling away...along with the water that should be in my freshwater tank!

Any thoughts?
jkuebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #2

Maybe it is clogged? Mine is newer but I just stick the hose in and it fills in minutes.
Nights Camped: NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!
Glindz233s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:49 PM   #3

Are you sure the tank isn't already full. Mine does that with a full tank! Open the low point drain under the trailer and let everything drain out. Just a thought!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
syogerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:27 AM   #4
Take The Road Less Travld

Quote:
Originally Posted by syogerst View Post
Are you sure the tank isn't already full. Mine does that with a full tank! Open the low point drain under the trailer and let everything drain out. Just a thought!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Mine does the exact same thing when it's full. It will spill water out of the tank. There might be something down inside the fill line too somewhere. Mine only takes about 10 minutes to fill as well and I stand there holding the hose at the fill hole..... that didn't sound right
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkuebler View Post
Help! I bought a 2010 233S from someone who mistreated her. I have fixed/solved most of the issues, but the one that lingers involves filling the freshwater holding tank. I bought one of those attachments that fits on the end of the hose to navigate the dramatic angle but when I open up the valve, I can only do so about 5 degrees before the water starts spilling back out at me. I have tried opening all of the faucets to relieve pressure, but it doesn't seem to help at all.

My brother-in-law has a very similar hybrid called a Coyote with the same sort of setup. He was complaining about how long it takes him to fill the tank...10 friggin minutes! Mine takes about 2 hours!

My patience is trickling away...along with the water that should be in my freshwater tank!

Any thoughts?
Make sure the vent line is clear . a clogged vent line will cause just what you discribe
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:10 PM   #6

Fresh Water Tank Fill Problem

In April this year I bought a 2014 Solaire 192RB (new) and had a similar freshwater tank problem. The dealer fixed it. Look underneath and you might find that the tank has shifted, crushing the fill hose. Moving the tank back and unkinking the hose may solve the problem.

Glenn
GlennW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkuebler View Post

Any thoughts?
Assuming the tank is empty. If it were me I would check the vent. If the line droops the trapped water will cause a hydro lock, or just plain blocked. If no air can get out no water can get in.
Grizzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzzman View Post
Assuming the tank is empty. If it were me I would check the vent. If the line droops the trapped water will cause a hydro lock, or just plain blocked. If no air can get out no water can get in.
X3! Check that vent!
2006 Fleetwood Bayside / 2006 4Runner
1999 Coleman SantaFe / 2001 Sienna
1967 Nimrod / 1998 Outback
Old Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s, roo, tank, water, water tank