Old 03-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #11

Barney
Sorry to hear about your problems. I am the Cincinnati poster that had similar problems.

As an update (and to help others in the future) here has been my experince since last post:

Roo was supposed to be sent to FR last Monday. I emailed and called RVW daily, but did not receive information until Thursday that it was still in the RVW lot. Obviously, this concerned me and they assured me it would be sent Friday. I received an email Friday saying it was sent to FR and also a copy of the email response from FR saying they would follow through with the repairs I listed. I also emailed personally the contact at FR Friday to let him know I want to have updates concerning repairs made and thst the Roo is not to be sent back to RVW until after I have an itemized list of work done. I haven not yet heard back, but will call when I get home from work today.

My advice would be to STAY ON TOP OF THIS! I believe my Roo would still be parked at RVW if I had not emailed and called so many times.

I too am reserving judgement of RVW and FR until I have my Roo back and all done as promised. I hope I have a positive post once this is all settled.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #12

@roadDog66
I guess it couldn't hurt to ask. I am not sure what they will do or not do.

2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn V8 Hemi
Previous Trailer -> 1996 Jayco 1207
Barney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #13

@Cincy6
I sent you a PM

2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
Old 03-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #14

I'm torn reading these recent threads about bad experiences at RVW. On the one hand, I had a very pleasant, seamless experience with picking up my Rockwood 2306 there. On the other hand, I can sympathize with the lack of communication on their part.

I tried several times before my pickup date to get Michelle in customer service to 1) confirm that my unit had in fact arrived at RVW, and 2) confirm that it had the correct options and was ready to pick up prior to me hitting the road from Colorado. I got neither from her, and eventually called my sales guy (Dave Prosser) from the road to confirm that everything was ready to go.

Who knows why they have such trouble communicating with the customer -- perhaps it's due to the volume, perhaps it's due to personalities. If they could fix that one area, I'd give them 100% high marks across the board.

For what it's worth, I filled out a customer comment form while I was there stating exactly what I said above. Hopefully other customers do the same, and they'll take it to heart and make some changes.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #15

UPDATE:
Just got a call from RVW business dept. The seem to be willing to make good will our repair list -thru Forest River of course.

In addition RVWs have offered to either:
A. deliver the trailer to the US/Canada border for us to pick up.
OR
B. Discount the purchase price by the amount of the expenses incurred on our first trip down (gas, hotel, dog kennel, food)

We have opted for Option B, mostly because we never did complete the walk thru the first time. Once we found the wet bunk ends it pretty much ended.

2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
Old 03-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #16

Ya that's smart, I would much rather have the walk through and PDI at their location specifically since your unit needed repairs already. If you met some delivery guy at the border and the repairs where not up to par would he in fact be authorized to handle the impending problems?

The company (RVW) has already had to eat crow once, hopefully they will have rolled out the red carpet and donned white gloves for your next encounter.

Besides, it's always fun to drive somewhere and bring home a new toy.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #17

That is great news Barney. Glad that RVW at least offered the delivery option. Sounds like they are doing everything possible to make you a satisfied customer.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #18

We bought over the internet / ebay and got a great price and good service with these guys. At the time they included delivery and we took them up on it. And it was still a better price than most. This was a few years ago so I am not sure how they are now. I took a big chance and did the walkthru the day it was delivered and it was perfect.
Lakeshore RV: Dealer of Keystone, Forest River, Heartland, Skyline RVs
Jim Logan was the guy we dealt with.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #19

I'm glad it that it sounds like things will work out ok.
Wife: NY
Me: IL
3 Akitas (RIP D-Dog)
biken201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #20

I went and got my 23SS this past October from RVW. The walk thru was great, the GFI outlet was messed up and they immediatly replaced. Everthing else looked great. I stayed the night at the KOA near there and found that the snaps on one bunk end was not lined up right and the mattress heaters did not fit in the bed. The next day I stopped in and they immediatly fixed the snaps and then about 4 of them went searching for the plug ins for the mattresses and found me two that fit. They lived up to my expectations.

Just thought you all should also hear a positive pickup response as well.

2 kids, 1 Grandson, 3 fur babies
Lifetimer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s