Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2016, 07:43 AM   #1

Roo 233S new owner questions

This post covers a few different questions and I wasn't sure where to put it, so I figured since I was talking about our Roo - here was good as any.

We just brought home our 2014 233S Roo last night. It towed beautifully and so far I'm pleased with it and can't wait to take our first voyage in it. I do have a couple of questions though and am hoping someone can point me in the right directions.

1) The WDB. We connected the Weight distribution system and measured our wheel well height before and after. once the trailer was on and the WDB's were attached we noticed the back end of our SUV dropped about 3/4" and the front end went up about 3/4". is this an "ok" drop/rise? or should we try to push it one more notch on the bars to even this out more?

2) The U-shaped dinette in this rig is missing some cushions. I knew this going in and thankfully the ones that are missing are NOT the curved ones. I'm missing 3 straight ones - the left side, the right side, and the back. These all could easily be fixed with simple throw pillows and I can make some cushions if needed, but would prefer to see if I can just get my hands on some. Does anyone know where I can get replacements? I've been having trouble finding parts.

3) The running lights on the trailer do not work. That said I may be able to wring this one out on my own with a little work. We currently also have a PUP. our SUV had the wiring but not the plug for the PUP. We had a plug put on but to be honest with you I've never noticed running lights (on or off) on the PUP. we never tow at night. We towed the ROO home at dusk and it was dark. Thankfully made it home before it got too dark. Are all plugs standard wiring for these rigs? I'm going to connect to the pup to check the plug but I thought all wiring for these were standard. Does anyone have a pin-out? so we can trace it?

4) I saw somewhere step by step on Winterizing/de-winterizing. Our PUP and this are both still winterized (as we don't use the system inside the PUP at all and never did anything with it). This one I suspect we will do more inside and would love a step by step.

Thanks in advance!!!
LisaMarie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:27 AM   #2

1. You don't say what brand WDH you have. You should google it and see what the instructions for it say to do. That being said, I would go one more notch.

2. Can't help here.

3. I've pasted in a link to etrailer.com's wiring diagrams below. You should have the 7-way standard plug. First thing to do is get a cheap multimeter or a test light and see if you have power to the pins in the tow vehicle plug. If not, you probably have a fuse problem. If you do, you can then work your way back through the trailer. You don't say anything about brakes. You need a brake controller to activate the trailer brakes when you brake your tow vehicle.

https://www.etrailer.com/faq-wiring.aspx

4. Go to the top of this page and click on "Library." Then go down to "Plumbing, Propane and Water Systems." The first item on the list covers winterizing.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:05 AM   #3

Thanks for the help.
I'm not sure what the WDH brand is. I actually didn't see anything on it. I will inspect it much closer and see if I can find anything on it at all

I did think these plugs were standard. Thanks for the wiring diagram. We will wring it out. We do have a multimeter we can test power and conductivity. Fuse it is a good point - if it is the Roo, we'll check the fuses.

Thank you to the link for the winterizing. I knew I saw it somewhere but couldn't find it again and when I originally found it my account was not properly activated so I couldn't open it.

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-02-2016, 10:06 AM   #4

Oh, and yes we do have an electric brake installed in our SUV. That works fantastic and we adjusted it for the ROO last night.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:12 PM   #5

welcome to the forum.
Epat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:13 PM   #6

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2016, 07:51 AM   #7
Take The Road Less Travld

#1. I use to have the chain weight distribution system a long time ago. I would agree that moving up a few more links will raise the center of gravity a little more on the hitch.

#2. Contact either Rockwood directly and order the cushions, or you can check with a Rockwood dealer if they will order for you. I've heard many people talk about ordering parts direct.

#3. Not enough details, but just follow all the lines under the trailer as long as they are not run between the floors just to make sure everything is connected. That's the best I can say

#4. Below is a link I found on the net. It is 95% dead on how you would winterize the Roo. The only difference is the antifreeze inlet port is on the outside of the trailer, not the inside. Feel free to message me with any questions. I feel your pain as I had to figure this out on my own as well. The other thing to make sure is use actual RV antifreeze, not automotive Antifreeze....
https://vimeo.com/27181522

#5. Welcome to the forum!
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:03 AM   #8

Thanks Muddauber!

1) The chain system I can't find any info "on it". Will try 1 more link as I think we are pretty close to where we need to be. The guy also gave us ALL the user manuals for EVERYTHING so it "could" be in there. I haven't had time to go through them all
2) Good point on going directly to a dealer. They should be able to help
3) we figured out last night that it is the car, not the ROO because the running lights don't work on our PUP either. The pin is there, but we are going to try to clean the contacts then get down to measuring the voltage, etc to try to figure out the problem. Glad it's not the rig though
4) thank you very much for the link. I will save that off for winterizing
5) Thanks for the welcome

(side note - these mattresses are as bad as my PUP! I see a big foam topper in my future~)
Old 08-03-2016, 08:32 AM   #9
Take The Road Less Travld

The contacts can get dirty. I didn't use the one on my truck for a while and all kinds of gunk can get in there. Test voltage and hopefully that's all it is.

I just this year put a 2 inch foam topper over the "mattress's" and what a difference it makes. and yes, the heated mattress will heat through the foam topper. No more back aches when waking up!
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie81 View Post
Thanks Muddauber!

1) The chain system I can't find any info "on it". Will try 1 more link as I think we are pretty close to where we need to be. The guy also gave us ALL the user manuals for EVERYTHING so it "could" be in there. I haven't had time to go through them all
2) Good point on going directly to a dealer. They should be able to help
3) we figured out last night that it is the car, not the ROO because the running lights don't work on our PUP either. The pin is there, but we are going to try to clean the contacts then get down to measuring the voltage, etc to try to figure out the problem. Glad it's not the rig though
4) thank you very much for the link. I will save that off for winterizing
5) Thanks for the welcome

(side note - these mattresses are as bad as my PUP! I see a big foam topper in my future~)
#3: Once you get the lights all figured out, you should get some of this and use it once or twice a year. It will keep the contacts from corroding.

I got mine from etrailer.com, but RV dealers probably carry it.

On the mattress - I'm guessing, but I'll bet at least half of us have toppers of some sort!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:27 PM   #11

So I take back what I said above. It's not the car. We did have a blown fuse in the car, replaced it and hooked up our PUP. No problem. Running lights on and perfect. Hooked up the Roo, running lights blinked, then blew the fuse in the car again.
We're thinking a bad ground somewhere maybe? Any ideas?
Old 08-03-2016, 07:10 PM   #12

Could be a bad ground or loose connection but probably a pinched wire some where.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Roady-Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:05 PM   #13

Going to break this off into another thread because we've spent a lot of time on this tonight and are quite baffled.

Tags
233, 233s, roo