Old 05-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
Roo 233S plumbing/winterizing help

Good Morning Everyone,
Looking for the Roo 233S owners....just received delivery of our 2011 233S. We previously owned a 2006 Roo 233, but it was totaled this past Winter/Spring with a roof collapse. I just walked through locating all the needed plumbing/appliances and their valves for winterizing, this coming fall. I also just thumbed through the manuals...and had a few questions regarding winterizing.

Looks like the low point drains are located under the passenger side rear of TT, below shower area? Is this correct?

Up near the water heater, I see a hot and cold hose that runs down into the floor, but outside under the TT, I see a drain..Does that drain just clear out the line between the FW tank and the pump?

Also it looks like they got rid of the small T valves on the plumbing and went with hose this correct? Or are there valves located inside the TT? Any insight is greatly appreciated! Looking for or going to try to create a winterizing walkthrough for the 233S. All the Manu. manuals are so general. Just trying ot understand the plumbing, so I am not guessing in the fall. I did the witerizing on our 233, but items and valves have all changed looks and locations....Thanks

winty03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
Can't help you with your questions but wanted to Welcome you to the forums and congrats on your new camper!! I'm sure that some one here will be able to answer your questions.

Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:46 AM   #3
The only valves that I know about on the water lines are the water heater bypass valves that are located under the couch. If you haven't looked under there you have to lay the back of the couch over & then the seat will lift up. Your post has prompted me to check the drain lines that I hadn't thought about. One set under the couch & another set below the shower. I hadn't thought to look for them. When I drain the water heater I have been pulling the anode to drain it. If I can do this with the drain line that might be easier. Rookie story--The second time that I drained the water heater I forgot to relieve the pressure before pulling the anode. Boy did I get a cold shower as that pressurized water sprayed all over as soon as I had cracked it open and then there was still enough pressure that it just blew the anode clear out once it was loose. . Now I know to make sure that the pressure is relieved first.
rbq is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:48 AM   #4
Since we're talking winterizing the 233S don't forget to remove the water filter cannister & drain it. It is located in the front compartment behind the partial wall on the left side of the trailer. Make sure that you have one of the square bits to remove the screws.
rbq is online now   Reply With Quote

233, 233s