Old 12-17-2015, 09:01 AM   #11

IRV33 only has max of 60 watts, IRV66 has max of 200watts, so clearly no matter what they do it won't help. You would have to change the entire head system and all 4 speakers on my Roo23IKSS to get the sound to be more efficient.

I am looking to at least change the interior speakers so I don't have to hear the dreaded vibration on my ceiling.

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 12-17-2015, 10:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudyOvl View Post
Before I upgrade speakers, has anyone else experienced a serious volume output imbalance between their interior and exterior speakers. The sound from my exterior speakers is really lacking. If I run the exterior speakers at a volume where I can hear them, the interior speakers would cause irreversible eardrum damage. Any suggestions?
The way its wired from the factory, if you use your left/right balance you can balance the inside/outside sound. At least on mine, it also faded out one of the inside speakers but it solved the issue of the imbalance between inside & outside. There are several threads on that topic if you search for them.

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
The way its wired from the factory, if you use your left/right balance you can balance the inside/outside sound. At least on mine, it also faded out one of the inside speakers but it solved the issue of the imbalance between inside & outside. There are several threads on that topic if you search for them.
Exactly....its wired wrong from the factory. Probably by one of the Amish Yoder brothers who grew up without music and radios and has no clue what "stereo" means

So depending on the recording you have, you might have the lead guitar inside the camper, and the vocals outside. your listening to 1/2 of the recordings unless you have all the windows open or can be inside and outside at the same time.

The same with them wiring only one interior speaker on the 1 zone, and one on the 2 on some models,....total stupidity.

Zone 1 has a left and right channel
Zone 2 has a left and right channel
Zone 3 has a left and right channel.

One zone should be wired to outside speakers with a left and right speaker and one should be for inside speakers with a left and right speaker. The 3rd zone should be for another pair of speakers such as if there are 4 in the coach.

They made mistake number one by mismatching the interior and exterior speakers. They made mistake number two, wiring the unit incorrectly, to correct mistake #1 the half a$$ed shoemaker way, and mistake number 3 was using the total garbage IRV crap and toy speakers to begin with.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I am looking to at least change the interior speakers so I don't have to hear the dreaded vibration on my ceiling.
Is the vibration in the ceiling the speaker? Or wiring that is laying loose in routed channels in the styrofoam roof lamination? Or some other loose piece of construction.

You will have a hard time getting every vibration out of one of these trailers from whatever speakers are used if played at any volume. I have tried. I have pumped the voids between the two panels in cabinet bottoms with foam. I have glued and screwed stuff, added nails and staples,

On the trailer I just sold, a Keystone Hybrid, they had the exterior speaker installed so its magnet was in the cavity behind the fridge up high. I always had a vibration there and would have needed to pull the fridge to find it.

Good luck
Old 12-21-2015, 03:06 PM   #15

Both of our Roos came with only one channel each in zones A & B - the SAME channel. I had to rewire both units. I've added two extra speakers and a sub-woofer - but you can't get too loud when the 'house' is made of canvas, styrofoam, luan and wallpaper held together with glue and staples. On top of that the unit and speakers are the cheapest available. Not exactly a audiophile's dream environment.

The only thing we really use the sound system for is to watch dvds if the weather has too many of us stuck inside for too long. (The extra speakers and woofer are needed to compete with the sound of heavy rain pounding on the roof.)

If we could we'd remove the exterior speakers - they are simply don't fit in with our camping style. We usually go camping to get away from 'noise' and seldom bring it with us and refuse to force others to deal with our taste in entertainment. DW & I are book people so the kids were 'trained' to use headphones if they wanted music, games or anything that made noise. (They could never agree on the same stuff anyway and dueling cds were a surefire way to get my blood pressure up.)

We try to be good neighbors and live-and-let-live folks so if you keep the volume down you won't hear a peep from us. (We'll do our very best to ignore your poor taste in music. )

But crank it up and I'll be on your doorstep politely asking you to have mercy on us. (I'm ashamed to admit that I tend to be less polite after midnight )
1999 SantaFe / 2001 Sienna
1967 Nimrod / 1998 Outback
Old Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Exactly....its wired wrong from the factory. Probably by one of the Amish Yoder brothers who grew up without music and radios and has no clue what "stereo" means

So depending on the recording you have, you might have the lead guitar inside the camper, and the vocals outside. your listening to 1/2 of the recordings unless you have all the windows open or can be inside and outside at the same time.

The same with them wiring only one interior speaker on the 1 zone, and one on the 2 on some models,....total stupidity.

Zone 1 has a left and right channel
Zone 2 has a left and right channel
Zone 3 has a left and right channel.

One zone should be wired to outside speakers with a left and right speaker and one should be for inside speakers with a left and right speaker. The 3rd zone should be for another pair of speakers such as if there are 4 in the coach.

They made mistake number one by mismatching the interior and exterior speakers. They made mistake number two, wiring the unit incorrectly, to correct mistake #1 the half a$$ed shoemaker way, and mistake number 3 was using the total garbage IRV crap and toy speakers to begin with.

Mr. H

After a few months of lurking on this forum since buying our Roo 19 back in October I finally registered. So much great info.
Looking to create two zones, one outside, one inside, hoping to get true stereo separation and more consistent volume between zones.
On my last visit to this thread I remember seeing a wiring harness diagram under you post which I am no longer able to see.
Hoping you might be able to repost.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:20 PM   #17

Anyone replace the cheap outside speakers with something different? I was thinking of a pair of Sony Marine Speakers in black
Old 03-28-2016, 11:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenfidel View Post
Mr. H

After a few months of lurking on this forum since buying our Roo 19 back in October I finally registered. So much great info.
Looking to create two zones, one outside, one inside, hoping to get true stereo separation and more consistent volume between zones.
On my last visit to this thread I remember seeing a wiring harness diagram under you post which I am no longer able to see.
Hoping you might be able to repost.

Sorry, i got pissed at the ads and deleted the pbotobucket account where that diagram jpg was hosted. It was just a shot of the wiring diagram from the IRV manual I found online. I will repost it when I get to a pc.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:46 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Anyone replace the cheap outside speakers with something different? I was thinking of a pair of Sony Marine Speakers in black
Thinking the same thing here... I replaced the ones on my previous hybrid and will probably do the same on this one.
I'll remove one this coming weekend and see the size of the opening . If I can get a good set of quality speakers without having to make the holes bigger, it will be great !
Old 03-29-2016, 08:08 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenjoey View Post
Thinking the same thing here... I replaced the ones on my previous hybrid and will probably do the same on this one.
I'll remove one this coming weekend and see the size of the opening . If I can get a good set of quality speakers without having to make the holes bigger, it will be great !

Eep me posted I will be interested to know which ones you used, I listen to music low but these speakers are horrible at best

Tags
roo