Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2016, 09:09 AM   #21

I used to really enjoy upgrading the sound system in the camper, but after listening to my wife's Bluetooth speaker, I don't know why I would go through the hassle. They've got some really good sounding Bluetooth speakers out now.
ROCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:29 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCAMPER View Post
I used to really enjoy upgrading the sound system in the camper, but after listening to my wife's Bluetooth speaker, I don't know why I would go through the hassle. They've got some really good sounding Bluetooth speakers out now.

I was looking at the new Beats Bluetooth waterproof Pill that they just came out with. The speakers in the Roo are horrible but help when watching TV inside and need to extend the sound of the TV
Old 03-29-2016, 04:31 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Eep me posted I will be interested to know which ones you used, I listen to music low but these speakers are horrible at best
I agree 100%......HORRIBLE !!!!!
I installed Pioneer on my previous hybrid. It will be either Pioneer, Sony or Rockford.
I do have a few mods to do first, so if you get to the speakers before me, let me know what you installed and how good they sound !
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:37 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I was looking at the new Beats Bluetooth waterproof Pill that they just came out with. The speakers in the Roo are horrible but help when watching TV inside and need to extend the sound of the TV
My wife and I were sitting outside last week and we were impressed by the sound of our UE bluetooth speaker. We were on the front porch, I had my ipod and I installed the speaker by the Roo.......Great sound !

I still will change the outside speakers on the 23WS.......
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:24 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenfidel View Post
Mr. H
On my last visit to this thread I remember seeing a wiring harness diagram under you post which I am no longer able to see.
Hoping you might be able to repost.
I think it was this one.

If you want to replace the speakers on the newer Roo's, get out your jigsaw or sawzall. The OEM speakers are a surface mount so the only hole will be for the wiring. The sidewall is 1-3/8" thick overall. Any speaker worth its own weight, even a shallow mount, will have a depth deeper than 1-3/8". You may have to do some additional work such as make false backs in cabinets which is what they typically do for flush mount speakers. Sometimes one will fall in a dead space such as behind the radio cab, or behind the fridge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan1.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	103421  
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:22 AM   #26

I take my Bluetooth or sonos speaker and it sounds brilliant in my outdoor fridge compartment. Really full sound in the enclosed space.

It would be nice if someone made a quality speaker that shared the same mounting setup so no cutting required.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:28 AM   #27

I guess that is why those cheap external speakers sit on those small little blocks? Oh well it was a thought for the amount of work to Renoir them it is really not worth it, just will have to stick with those cruddy FR factory ones. I will buy a Beat Waterproof BT Pill those are nice and I can control where that pill sits 🤔
Old 03-31-2016, 09:23 PM   #28

This was one of my first mods to the ikss.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ods-69736.html
Old 04-01-2016, 01:27 PM   #29

Ok, so after reading this post, I went out to the house for lunch and put the radio on and put it through its paces, I put it on my favorite station and messed with the sound settings, I have to say actually it is not too bad, I am not sure what they did wrong (or right) on mine but I just couldn't justify replacing the speakers or the radio.

I have to say I am a little picky about sound as i am a Christian Musician who plays with a full band, (six months ago I was playing lead guitar in a full orchestra) so I kinda know a little about sound, I have a PA system I practice through every week in my basement and well, hey I am a guitar player so I have what you might say is an above average thirst for sound producing gadgets. LOL

That said, my last camper a Kodiak 2011 was beyond a tragedy when it came to playing music, so I don't get any where near the static and vibration I had with it.

As for my wife, I catch her jamming all the time to her ipad (WOW those things sound bad) so she would not be a good judge of things.

I also noticed the difference in the loudness from the outside to the inside and I have to say I like it because I could here it plainly and was glad it didn't sound overwhelming when I stood outside.
I think it might be ok for now. But I do see it is not the awesome Bose systems I used to work on in those Audi automobiles.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:11 PM   #30

My upgrade in adding the sub wasn't so much to blast Metallica until the cg kicks me out but when kicking back with the kids and watching the Force Awakens, you get the full effect when the tie fighters fly by or Chewbacca lets a scream out.

And since I already had the radio pulled out of the cabinet to fix the inability to fade outside and inside speakers (and the fact the inside was only connected to the left side channel of the stereo) it was a no brainer.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:58 PM   #31

Yeah I like the difference in volume in the sense that you don't accidentally flood the campground with music....nobody wants that.....but I also hate that to get decent volume outside forces me to blast it inside if I want to have both on. I suppose I should finally get around to switching the balance/fade wiring so I can better adjust for volume differences. Just another thing to add to my spring list of camper prep and that list is getting long!
Old 04-01-2016, 04:34 PM   #32

Ok, well your hitting below the belt when your talking star wars movies, I didn't think of that! (I have had a working light saber on my dresser for about 6 years!)

I will have to pop in a star wars movie tonight and see how it sounds!

I then will have a better idea about the system LOL

ANd just to clarify, by working I am talking about sound effects lol.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:35 PM   #33

Also, I just made reservations for our first trip of the season in 2 weeks! I am ready!
Old 04-22-2016, 09:57 PM   #34

speakers less than desirable

Our speakers in our 2014 23ikss drive us crazy. When I'm inside listening to music, hubbs can't hear the outside speakers. Turn them up and I get blasted out. And even then, the outdoor speakers are just awful. I must admit that we are spoiled by our home theatre surround sound and Denon set up, but here's our solution for outside:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RENKN1W/..._t2_B00OLVRYK8

Click image for larger version

Name:	camp speaker.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	105777

It really works well, has great power and sound, and the light dims also. Water resistant too. you can plug it into a usb, you can use it bluetooth or with a phone cord. We use it everywhere! You can't beat it for 20.00

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:19 PM   #35

I decided to not mess with trying to improve the stock sound system in our new Roo 233S. Did that with my Startcraft PUP and although there was noticeable improvement the results didn't warrant the time or money. I did something even more economically dumb....went out and bought a Bose Wave Soundlink Bluetooth player! When not camping I have another network music player.
MiCamper6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo