Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #1

Roo 23ss - airconditioning condensation

I'm a posting fool this morning!!!

I've noticed a lot of condensation draining from our air conditioner over the weekend. Now, our temps reached the upper 80's/lower 90's, but I had a pool of water that collected under rv on the concrete pad. The birds enjoyed the drink!

Is this normal? I didn't see the condensation on other hybrids or popups that were camping. Thoughts?

Camped for 12 nights in 2015 - too many cancellations
Camped for 25 nights in 2014!
Camped for 24 nights in 2013!
RedStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStick View Post

I've noticed a lot of condensation draining from our air conditioner over the weekend. Now, our temps reached the upper 80's/lower 90's, but I had a pool of water that collected under rv on the concrete pad. The birds enjoyed the drink!

Is this normal? I didn't see the condensation on other hybrids or popups that were camping. Thoughts?
Yes normal
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #3

My AC sweats like a fat baby with dipper rash laying in the open sun. It will create a Lake or mud hole in no time. I always dip one corner ever so slightly to flow this water to a point out of the way. My dad had a gutter extender you buy at Wal-Mart and adapted a ¾ in PVC pipe to use when parked on a pad to direct the water away from the used ares. Reminder if in high humidity areas it is important to have all windows; vents and door closed up good. This will help a lot. I have had my AC unit freeze up because of too much humidity getting in from a left open roof vent by the AC intake.
wayne in florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStick View Post

It's normal, when you have a pool inside then you have a problem.
keven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #5

Good to know keven. I take it the a/c doesn't produce near the condensation you were experiencing previously? I had nearly constant water drips but it was pretty warm out this past weekend.

Unfortunately, toppers will have the roo for a while as they will be replacing the front bed door at some point. I'll have them look over the a/c while they have it. I'm going to try and squeeze in one more trip before I bring it to them for repairs.

Camped for 12 nights in 2015 - too many cancellations
Camped for 25 nights in 2014!
Camped for 24 nights in 2013!
RedStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #6

It actually produces the same amount of condensation as our pop up did. One day we woke up and the whole floor was flooded and not cooling any more. Took it to Topper for a check and the ended up replacing the unit.

I hope you can squeeze in another trip before it goes in for repairs. I have never got the trailer back when I was promised, so I wouldn't plan any trips till you have it back. They have always had mine 3 weeks to a month and have had to cancel trips because of it.
keven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne in florida View Post
My AC sweats like a fat baby with dipper rash laying in the open sun.
My head just exploded ...
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #8
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
My head just exploded ...
I'll admit, I LOL'd.