Old 10-14-2016, 03:52 PM   #11

I feel bad for you Havercamp......Didn't accept the first 23WS and ended up with another lemon.
The weird thing is nobody on this site has major problem with theirs......That's what you call bad luck !
I wouldn't say the 23ws is discontinued. They just made modifications to it and called it 24ws. The basic is still the same.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenjoey View Post
I feel bad for you Havercamp......Didn't accept the first 23WS and ended up with another lemon.
The weird thing is nobody on this site has major problem with theirs......That's what you call bad luck !
I wouldn't say the 23ws is discontinued. They just made modifications to it and called it 24ws. The basic is still the same.
I wouldnt call it a lemon. The weird thing is every Roo or Shamrock I have a chance to look at, at dealers or campgrounds, has the same issues. Deflecting tank supports, maxxair covers pressed into the vent sealant, sloppy fit and finish etc etc etc. Perhaps the people you mention received special units? It has nothing to do with luck.

I looked at an Artic Fox last weekend. In house made frame, hardly anything from Lippert, was a night and day difference from anything I've seen from Rockwood or FR as far as that go's. Sure its a little more money but you get value out of it. Probably my next trailer and maybe sooner rather than later.

The 24WS is more than a few modifications. It has a full height deep slide, has a higher ride height due to a dropped A frame design like the IKSS. The biggest problem is FR's dependence on LCI and Furrion garbage. The new Roos are coming with Furrion radios which are junkier than the IRV LOL.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
I wouldnt call it a lemon. The weird thing is every Roo or Shamrock I have a chance to look at, at dealers or campgrounds, has the same issues. Deflecting tank supports, maxxair covers pressed into the vent sealant, sloppy fit and finish etc etc etc. Perhaps the people you mention received special units? It has nothing to do with luck.

I looked at an Artic Fox last weekend. In house made frame, hardly anything from Lippert, was a night and day difference from anything I've seen from Rockwood or FR as far as that go's. Sure its a little more money but you get value out of it. Probably my next trailer and maybe sooner rather than later.

The 24WS is more than a few modifications. It has a full height deep slide, has a higher ride height due to a dropped A frame design like the IKSS. The biggest problem is FR's dependence on LCI and Furrion garbage. The new Roos are coming with Furrion radios which are junkier than the IRV LOL.
Had to pull the Maxxair cover off my Mini Lite a week ago. Same issue - it was pressed into the vent sealant. I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if most every camper has this issue.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Had to pull the Maxxair cover off my Mini Lite a week ago. Same issue - it was pressed into the vent sealant. I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if most every camper has this issue.
They used those attachment points that are molded into the flange of the vent itself. The way to repair it is to cut the covers out of the lap sealant. Then you clean up the sealant real well with denatured alcohol and float A New bead of self-leveling over top of all of it. Let that set up for about a week. Go online and buy a set of the metal brackets for the max air cover that attach with bolts through the side of the vent housing. Now your cover is attached above the sealant the way it should be. The reason they use those molded attachment points is because it's cheap and fast.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:52 PM   #15

Roo 23ws

Soooooo sorry to hear your problems with the 23ws. I will try and be very careful with my purchase inspection before leaving the lot. Based on what I read on the forum we all have to be handymen to keep these units on the road.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:28 AM   #16

Wow didn't know they already changed the floor plan....sounds like nice changes. My 21dk was the most solid and reliable camper I have owned over the 2 seasons I had it. Not one single issue and fit and finish was spectacular. My r-pod has a dozen issues. I really think it just comes down to luck of the draw...but most people have had good experiences with the roo.

Tags
roo