Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2017, 07:57 PM   #1

Roo 24ws

Appreciate any feedback on this beauty before we change mind on new roo! Have $ down on 233s then saw this! Willing to give up extra bed for the storage of the 24. Has anybody seen this 24ws model in person?
Travelcat2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:02 PM   #2
Site Team

There are lots of threads on the 23WS here.
And a number of 23WS owners here too.
By the way, the 23WS is the same as the previous 23SS, except for the addition of the wardrobe slideout.
The 23SS has been around for 10 years and was one of FR'S most popular hybrid models.
I know cause I own one.

The 233S only makes sense if you have a lot of people to sleep.
Otherwise the extra hole in the side of the trailer isn't worth the extra care and maintenance.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:21 PM   #3

I can understand your liking the 24ws, it is our 23ws but with the kitchen and dinette flipped and they changed the dinette from the ushaped dinette to the two bench. The 24ws replaced the 23ws for the 2017 model year. I saw the 23ws at a RV show and knew this was our floorplan. We are thrilled with it.
Anyway, I think the floorplan drawings are alittle misleading on the available floorspace, it is probably alittle tighter than it looks on paper and you may be stepping over an air mattress on the floor. If you really need three beds, I would stick with the 233s.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:33 AM   #4

I agree with Galsofescape completely, if you need 3 bunks get them, an air mattress on the floor would be a nightmare on a rainy weekend, at least compared to having a bunk to use, freeing up the floor space is vital when the camper is full of people.

Think about how well equipped these things are and what you can do inside while at a campground, meal prep, watching movies, playing games and not to mention freeing up the floor area for using the bathroom at night, it will also be much warmer on a heated mattress than the air mattress.

If you need the extra bunk, by all means get it, the 233s buyers on here love those campers and for good reason. You will get better use of the amenities of your camper if you can use the floor for a floor. LOL
Old 01-16-2017, 08:39 AM   #5

About the need for the third bed:
We are 5 and by the book we would need the third bed but when Wife saw the 23IKSS kitchen and storage space we were sold....
One kid (12 yo) sleeps on the Hide a Bed, which is pretty easy and fast to set up and in the case of the 2016 IKSS and also it's out of the way when deployed so it has being working fine for us.
So if you are really in love for the 24WS, go for it and order the 24WS with the HAB option.

As for the storage space, our 2c:
I showed the wife the layout of the 24WS when they first launched and she noticed that, besides the fact the rear bed has more storage space than the IKSS, the front bed doesn't.
The new IKSS has even more storage space than ours (that have a dedicated "wardrobe" for the kids by the entrance door) for they changed the ent. center and the "wardrobe" by the door is even bigger.

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:03 PM   #6

My 2 cents.....get as many beds as you think you can possibly use. Your kids will eventually want to bring friends along and you WON'T want to be knocking down the dinette and using the sofa bed every night. Occasionally OK, but not every night.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo