Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2016, 04:59 PM   #21

Congrats Mainframe, and welcome to the world of Roo and 23WS......I still have to wait another three months before I get mine on the road for the first time!
I'm just as excited as you are !
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:11 PM   #22

Yes I bet you are! I am going to talk the wife into taking it south in a few weeks, I work for myself so I will watch the weather channel and scoot south for 3 days just to get acquainted with the new rig! Maybe I can figure out how to post a picture when I get it!
Old 02-12-2016, 07:47 PM   #23
Site Team

Be sure to check out all the 23SS threads/posts, since the 23WS is basically the 23SS, with some changes.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:02 AM   #24

Our Impression...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking46 View Post
The 23ws looks good but have you seen the ikss in person? I wanted either the 21ss or 23ss. DW wanted the ikss. So, since we are the proud owners of a 2015 ikss, here's what I have found.
1. Counter space is excellent. Really helps when preparing a meal or cleaning up afterwards.
2. Storage is unmatched in a hybrid. Plenty of room for anything kitchen related.
3. Since they swapped the sofa and dinette, tv is in a good spot. You shouldn't have to move it
We were originally looking and had our heart set on the 23ws. However, we saw that model and the 23ikss model in person at the show in Michigan this weekend and fell for the 23ikss floor plan. It previously was out of the question to me due to comments here about the loss of awning space. I asked a salesman to show us the awning fully extended and I am here to tell you this is a very large awning and there is plenty of cover with the shallow slide out on that side. Seeing that really changed our opinion immediately. Overall our thoughts were that having the open floor plan in case of bad weather and very small loss of awning space in the 23ikss outweighed the private bunk area that was on the 23ws. Just wanted to share how we personally arrived at our choice to help other buyers.
Feasba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:59 AM   #25

Thumbs up

We did look at the 23ikss and it is beautiful............ however, after weighing the pros and cons, my DW and I came to the conclusion that since 95% of our cooking is done outside, we didn't need that kitchen with the island. The rear private bedroom was more important to us.
I don't think the open floor plan is much bigger in the 23ikss, since the island is in the middle of that floor.

The Roo 23ws and 23ikss are two beautiful hybrids and like all campers, it comes down to what suits you the best .

Dre
Old 02-13-2016, 07:55 AM   #26

We were inside an Iks at the show and we didn't like it, i won't be moving the tv no need, you can see it from the dinette, the private bedroom will be key, we may be bringing my son's friend sometimes so the privacy thing will be appreciated. My wife gave a SOLID thumbs down on the iks , sooo....
23ws it is.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:35 AM   #27

Roo and Shamrock 23ss discontinued?

One question I have for Drenjoey, (or Mr Havercamp) or anyone that knows, do the the interior lights have individual on and off switches on them? I saw in one of the videos they come on all at once, is that true? or can you turn each one off as needed?
Old 02-13-2016, 09:50 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainframe View Post
One question I have for Drenjoey, (or Mr Havercamp) or anyone that knows, do the the interior lights have individual on and off switches on them? I saw in one of the videos they come on all at once, is that true? or can you turn each one off as needed?
One light immediately outside the door to the rear bunk has an individual switch. The switch is a pushbotton in the center of the round lense. All the others out in the main area (5 I believe) are all on one switch at the control panel beside the entry door (which is stupid). The rear bunk area and the bathroom both have their own switch for those lights.

The 2016's I looked at that were built last summer had LED lights that were oblong and all had an individual rocker switches on the side. Those are what is shown in the brochures and websites. Ours was built 12-4 and came with the different, round LED lights. I have already purchased a box of 10 of the oblong lights with the individual switches to change them out as well as add some under the cabinets and also some strip lighting. I guess you can chalk it up to the disclaimers where they can change specs and components anytime without notice.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:00 AM   #29

Mr Havercamp, are you able to tell which ones I have from these pics?

http://www.colerainrv.com/console/wa...php?src=296201
Mainframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:11 AM   #30

Quote:
Mr Havercamp, are you able to tell which ones I have from these pics?

http://www.colerainrv.com/console/wa...php?src=296201

It looks like you have the round ones the same as ours.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:14 AM   #31

Where did you get your lights for replacement and how much are they? If you don't mind me asking? I suspected this was the case, this camper just came in, they posted the pics at my request 2 days ago.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:25 PM   #32

I was looking at pictures I took of my 23ws and couldn't tell if the lights were round or oval, since the pictures were taken with the lights in the ON position.
So, intrigued, I decided to go check it out..........I just came back from inside my 23ws...We have the oval lights and they all have switches.

BTW Mr Havercamp, when you posted the picture of the AC vent in the rear bedroom, It made me go Hummmmm!!
The first time I looked, I couldn't open the private room door (Slide out was in)..... I was peeking through the opening at the top of the door. This time, I took a flashlight with me............I don't have an AC vent in that room, but there is one about 6 inches outside the door which I can direct through that opening.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:38 PM   #33

Mainframe
I do not know how well they work but I figured for less than $10 each I'd roll the dice. Plenty of others on Ebay to choose from also. You can bet that Rockwood also used the cheapest that could be found. I sent an email to the seller to see if he will be relisting the package of 10 which was a little cheaper per light.
4 Pcs RV LED 12 Volt camper Trailer Marine Ceiling Interior Lighting Pancake | eBay

Dre..........................do you have a holesaw? Pull the vent outside the door and using a piece of wire verify the duct channel in the foam roof extends back there, then drill away. You'll never get a better feeling than drilling and cutting holes in new trailers
JR Products :: Catalog
Old 02-13-2016, 06:03 PM   #34

I don't think I'll start drilling holes.....Here in Maine, we don't
use the AC very often. Nights tend to be on the cool side most of the summer, and during the day, we're outside.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:39 AM   #35

Another question I have about my new 23ws, does anyone know if the oven has a pilot light I have to light or is it auto light? if it is auto light does it work with the battery? I had to light a pilot light on my Kodiak and it was tough to do, I have the safire package and it says on my build sheet Gas Oven $290, should be auto light for that much money LOL
Old 02-15-2016, 08:09 AM   #36

Quote:
if the oven has a pilot light I have to light or is it auto light?
Total guess....you have to light a pilot light for the over. The burners will have the piezo like a gas grill.

I'm pretty sure no one makes a small 3 burner range/oven combo as used in the Roo's with electronic ignition for the oven.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:16 PM   #37
Site Team

when did they add piezo lighters for the stove?

of course, my Roo is a 2007 and requires lighting both stove and oven.
didn't know the newer Roos had piezos for the burners.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 02-15-2016, 04:49 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
when did they add piezo lighters for the stove?

of course, my Roo is a 2007 and requires lighting both stove and oven.
didn't know the newer Roos had piezos for the burners.
My 2008 Shamrock 183 had the piezo lighters - if that's what you call that dial on the stove front you crank to light the burners.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:55 PM   #39

Dan, time to trade.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:53 PM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking46 View Post
Dan, time to trade.
Well, after almost 10 years with our Roo, we'll be going to the Dark Side with our next trailer.
Not sure when but this will be our last year with it.

Tags
23ss, roo, shamrock