Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2016, 07:39 PM   #41

So I sold my Kodiak today and my Tahoe started acting up so I took it to my buddy who has a scanner tool and we found it was a tps sensor recall covered by the dealer! Got it fixed and am on track for picking up my 23ws on Sat! The guy that bought my Kodiak is a camper veteran so the walk through was easy as pie! Sure am excited about the new camper!
Old 02-18-2016, 08:18 PM   #42

I know this is boring for people but I have all my ducks in a row to buy the new Shamrock 23s, going to Cincinatti tomorrow a day early and stay overnight so I can be rested and alert for the big walk through on Sat, I tried to talk my wife into going south a little and camp for a couple of days but she won't do it just yet so we are just gonna bring it home Sat. I guess you will hear from me then as to how it all went.
Mainframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:37 PM   #43

Congrats and good luck. What made you pick Shamrock over the Roo version? Just curious. We ordered a 23ikss Roo. We won't see it for eight weeks!
Feasba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:46 PM   #44

Thanks, and they are the same camper, I got the best deal on the Shamrock, it also has a lot of the things i want on it, but it comes down to the best deal, it is over 2 grand better than anything I came up with any where else. I could have bought the IKS but my wife didn't like it, I also think she will like the bedroom door a lot. The savings on this deal are easily worth the trip, as long as it goes through LOL
Mainframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:04 PM   #45

I noticed the 23ws does not have a pantry. Could anyone who owns one explain or show pictures of where you store your food items? Any ideas for mods on this? I'm pretty short so I'm wondering how much of a pain it is to use the cupboards above the dinette & couch
Campingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:44 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingchick View Post
I noticed the 23ws does not have a pantry. Could anyone who owns one explain or show pictures of where you store your food items? Any ideas for mods on this? I'm pretty short so I'm wondering how much of a pain it is to use the cupboards above the dinette & couch
About half the Roo's don't have a "pantry." My Roo 19 didn't. You put stuff in the overhead cabinets. Never considered it a "pain," since I'd never had a "pantry" before.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #47

The 23ws has cabinets above the dinette also to store food
Old 02-20-2016, 04:46 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingchick View Post
We do have a 23ws, and there's a big three door hanging closet in the private room at the back. When spring arrives, I will install shelves in there, and I might use the first door compartment as a pantry.

I must say that for the majority of our camping trips, we are just my wife and I.......so, plenty of room in that 23ws.
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:53 PM   #49

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1456026334.812844.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	100008

Well I finally got it home! It's in the driveway! WOW is it nice!
Only issue was the table hardware was installed backwards, they fixed it in 10 minutes! The dealer was very helpful and knowledgeable! This 23ws tows behind the Tahoe like a dream! We love it so far!
Old 02-21-2016, 04:53 AM   #50

Congrats Mainframe,

I did say the same thing when my 23ws arrived in my driveway.....WOW !!

Dre
Old 02-21-2016, 06:57 AM   #51

Very exciting! Good to know there was only a small issue. Did you run through the checklist posted here? When is your first trip?
Feasba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:06 AM   #52

Thanks Dre and Feasba, not sure about the first trip, the camper was winterized and I made them "unwinterize" it so I could see the hot water tank, flush and pump systems and drain systems all work and not pour out over the ground.

My wife was a little fussy about me having them do that because of the time and I have to go get some anti freeze today and winterize it for the remaining cold weeks we have here.

But I wasn't going to worry for the next few weeks if all was well, plus I got a good education.

We always uncovered around tax week here and my wife wants to go out for a couple of days close so we can get used to it. I think it will be an Erie trip.

I looked at the radio antenna first thing to see if it hits and the antenna is the same as the kodiak where you can adjust it leaning back "I always ran mine back a little not straight up" so I adjusted it. It clears.
Then when I cover I go up and lay it down flat.

Also the roof and sealant up there is 1000 times neater than the Kodiak I was surprised so no worries there.

Can't wait to bring the bucket truck out to go up and check it all.

One funny thing, in Cincy when i left pulling for the first time they had MASSIVE wind blowing around, It was shoving me around like crazy! I thought I was going to have a lot of trouble towing, but we could see the flags and other big trucks swaying a little, about 40 miles down the road it all settled down and towed really nice!

I plan on getting the camera system I would have had them put it on had I known it was all prewired. I might opt for the pyle system. I do a lot of research so I will look into it. I want it for a rear view mirror type deal while I drive. Any suggestions anyone?
Old 02-21-2016, 08:52 AM   #53

Congrats Bill, Its super sharp.
What is the build date on the DOT sticker?
Did you get the Monarch interior?
And where do you go in Erie?
Tax time = first day of trout season and that is usually my first trip out. Hoping I have the 23WS by then. Frankly I better have it in the next 3 weeks or the something may hit the fan.

It may just be the angle in your picture, but it appears the trailer is nose down a good 3". If so you want to adjust that as best you can. Did your Kodiak have tandem axles? If it did it had a conventional leaf spring suspension which is not as critical when it comes to trailer being level because of the equalizier link. With the torsion axles on the 23WS when its nose down you're loading the front axle more than the rear, not a big deal in the short term but you want it as level as possible.

As far as the first 40 miles in wind you're probably going to need sway control due to the soft suspension in the Tahoe, or is that a Burb your towing with?
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:16 AM   #54

The build date is 12 one 2015

It must be the picture on the tow slant. I think it is set up perfect no trouble there. It is towing almost perfectly level,

WD HITCH Is a Valley
400/600 rnd bar

I have an anti sway control on it and the tech assured me he tightened it, well it was just going along for the ride for 5hours , yikes. I am curious how well this tows with the anti sway bar on. Lol I Was happy with how well it towed.

READ THE DIRECTIONS! Lol

Anyway yes monarch interior.

We go to koa in Erie.

Since we are self employed we camp the weather when the kid is off school, My wife will tell me it is time to go camping, I will look for the best 3 days where we are going and just go then, kinda cheating I know, but I can design and field calls on the road and put the hammer down when I get back. So hard to say when we will be there.

Good luck with yours,

I hope you get it soon, I already see some cosmetic touches I will do soon, bur I am capable and LOVE TO PLAY AROUND WITH THE CAMPER! So it is fine.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #55

I'm like you Mainframe.....I love to play around with the camper.

Any work will probably be better if I do I myself..... Since the hybrid is mine, I'll be more conscientious than the dealer or factory will ever be.......... and there's also the satisfaction of a job well done !

Tags
23ss, roo, shamrock