Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2016, 02:10 PM   #1

Roo Center Island Loose on 23ikss

Anyone have this happen? Went to pick it up fromCW who did a good job on the warranty work and we noticed center island was really loose so they are keeping it another day to fix it?

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-19-2016, 03:05 PM   #2

Mine was loose too on the side closest to the kitchen wall. The tech tightened down the screws and so far so good.

Pill Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:12 PM   #3

Ok mine was loose on the side of the Kitchen as well seems those things take a beating and they are not very well secured if it happens again I thing I am going to put a few spaced out longer screws in the base of the Island, poor design though.

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 02-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #4

Do your slides hit the island? My dinette slide doesn't touch, but on the kitchen side, the handle on the oven just touches the island. We have a little mark on the cabinet from it and now put a piece of that rubber shelf liner on the oven handle before bringing in the slide. I think that was one of the reasons they made the island cabinet smaller - to avoid things rubbing when the slides are in.

2019 Surveyor 251RKS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-in-SC View Post
Do your slides hit the island? My dinette slide doesn't touch, but on the kitchen side, the handle on the oven just touches the island. We have a little mark on the cabinet from it and now put a piece of that rubber shelf liner on the oven handle before bringing in the slide. I think that was one of the reasons they made the island cabinet smaller - to avoid things rubbing when the slides are in.

Nope fully clears island on Kitchen side by 2-3" and dinette side by 1-2 nothing is touching. They pushed the screws down and added a few as they say this is a simple but common issue with center islands and the one in the Roo is sort of heavy. Brought it home tested it out solid now and only heavy stuff is loaded on the bottom of the island second shelf and top soft light stuff so will keep an eye on it this season.

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 02-22-2016, 05:06 PM   #6

23IKSS Center Island

Yes it did. The diagonal panel that is closest to the bathroom had come completely off from the sides and bottom. I read some other posts that said the screws were loose, no screws on mine to tighten they just used staples, staples mind you and behind those staples, nothing just empty space. I got with my neighbor, who is a great cabinet maker, who made me a piece to fill in the void and I put screws in to hold it together.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrian0118 View Post
Yes it did. The diagonal panel that is closest to the bathroom had come completely off from the sides and bottom. I read some other posts that said the screws were loose, no screws on mine to tighten they just used staples, staples mind you and behind those staples, nothing just empty space. I got with my neighbor, who is a great cabinet maker, who made me a piece to fill in the void and I put screws in to hold it together.

I have screws in mine holding the cross members and frame to the floor, my side panels were stapled into the main frame but those are all tight and flush at the moment. The more and more I read about what these MFG's do to cut corners the more and more I get frustrated what they charge, sometimes the 1/2 ass work I see makes me want to call them and ask how they are still in business but not worth it, just fix it myself and then never have to fix it again. I see where people who are no handy can get frustrated especially when you buy a high end unit, I have a Roo which I don't consider HE bc price is below $25,000.

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 02-22-2016, 06:53 PM   #8

Have any of you found the aluminum tubes sandwiched in the floor assembly and anchored the island to those? I'm not sure how far apart they are. In the brochures they say 16" O.C., Select Roo Models. Getting them to tell you what ones are "select" would probably be like pulling teeth. A decent stud finder would work.

The top layer of plywood in the floor sandwich is something like 5/16" or 8mm and not much to anchor to. I'd worry about the island pulling that layer of plywood off the foam its laminated to.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:41 PM   #9

If I remember correctly only the Roo/Shamrock 23IKSS has the center island all others have kitchen on one side or another no island right?
Old 03-30-2016, 06:19 PM   #10

Yes you are correct
Old 03-31-2016, 09:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-in-SC View Post
x2. This was my story

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ead-70559.html

Tags
roo