Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2016, 07:49 PM   #61

Hey friend, Did you ever come up with a canvas solution. Same issue here. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm a do it yourself kind of guy if needed.
popupdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:04 PM   #62

The basic FR manual for our 2016 23WS told us how to do it. Learned on our first trip though that if you are packing up the TT tents wet or like we did, in a rainstorm, move the mattresses to the main cabin. They will get a little wet when water squeezes in during stowage. Manual did also advise of that but I missed it initially.
HappyTrails8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:15 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriena View Post
Scotchguard does not work, it took more of the finish off of it, so it has now gone up to a 9 in x 9 in circle..... will have to try something else, patch, new window, new tent... something.

We cleaned a section of the tent end with oxi-clean and it looks like the finish came off as well. Did you come up with a fix for this?
t0rnado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:13 AM   #64

TJ-Snuggles

Okay progress! I called TJ-Snuggles and they let me know not to use anything but soap and water to clean the canvas areas of the bunk ends! Use the Oxi-Clean on the vinyl parts of the bunks only! The tag they give you is a little misleading.

Any cleaner or anything else that takes the waterproofing out of the canvas parts of the tent ends needs to be rinsed thoroughly and dried. Then you are to use ScotchGard in the green can for canvas.

Â*Â*Scotchgardâ„¢ Outdoor Water Shield
t0rnado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:10 PM   #65

Cool mold/mildew

Hi, I have a 2013 Roo Hybrid and it also came with all the information on how to care for the bunk end vinyl. We have always made sure it was dry before putting it away and had it vented well when we slept. I do not cook inside the trailer as I don't want all the greasiness or the smell and we don't use the shower.
With that said, we have a major mold problem on the insides of the vinyl.
My screen covers are also vinyl with the cloth inside, and they also have mold. So how do you clean the inside when, there is no stiffness so you can't really put any pressure on it and it is on the top? Can we clean the insides now with it being cold?
Cleaning the outside was not too difficult but did notice mold in the hinges and the vinyl along the bottom. Most of it came off with a small brush/toothbrush.
What would you use to seal/waterproof the seams again?
We live in south central Ontario and have already had frost and wet snow with more flurries in the forecast, with temps ranging from 10- -1 C at night and daytime temps of 3-12 C

2013 Rockwood Roo 19
2007 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Shandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:05 AM   #66

Canvas sides of Shamrock 183

While cleaning heavy stained top vinyl with OxiClean,
the runoff yellowed my canvas sides of my bunk ends. How do I remove the yellow stains ???
Krzykt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:04 AM   #67
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzykt View Post
While cleaning heavy stained top vinyl with OxiClean,
the runoff yellowed my canvas sides of my bunk ends. How do I remove the yellow stains ???
sorry, i always heard NOT to use Oxiclean on the canvas.
so don't know how to clean the yellow stains.

you could contact the canvas manufacturer, T.J. Snuggles in Indiana.

did the canvas paperwork say to use Oxiclean?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:34 AM   #68

This is what came with the camper .....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6164.jpg
Views:	2083
Size:	425.2 KB
ID:	124389  
Krzykt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #69
Site Team

Well, never heard of that company but I would definitely contact them since they recommended Oxiclean.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 04-09-2017, 05:16 PM   #70

Quick question... This talks about seasoning your tend ends when new and about how to clean mildew off the tent ends. I'd like to know should I be treating my tent ends with some kind of UV protectant to prevent drying/cracking, especially as my Roo ages. I have a 2007 and they look good so far, but I'd like them to stay that way!!

MommaHuffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:01 PM   #71

Thanks so much for the info and tip. I will look at my new owners packet. After a few years of looking at various travel trailers we decided on the 2019 232S Roo for our family and it has everything we wanted and were looking for. Can’t wait to use it outside of my backyard! [emoji3] We’ve upgrade from a 1998 Prowler we picked up a few years ago as a tester before going all in on a new trailer. I’m really happy so far with what I’m seeing in the Rockwood Roo. Thanks again!!
Duran916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:00 PM   #72
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran916 View Post
Thanks so much for the info and tip. I will look at my new owners packet. After a few years of looking at various travel trailers we decided on the 2019 232S Roo for our family and it has everything we wanted and were looking for. Can’t wait to use it outside of my backyard! [emoji3] We’ve upgrade from a 1998 Prowler we picked up a few years ago as a tester before going all in on a new trailer. I’m really happy so far with what I’m seeing in the Rockwood Roo. Thanks again!!
Did you mean 233S or 235S? There is no 232S.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:58 PM   #73

Sorry, yes 233S Roo
Duran916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:02 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0rnado View Post
Okay progress! I called TJ-Snuggles and they let me know not to use anything but soap and water to clean the canvas areas of the bunk ends! Use the Oxi-Clean on the vinyl parts of the bunks only! The tag they give you is a little misleading.

Any cleaner or anything else that takes the waterproofing out of the canvas parts of the tent ends needs to be rinsed thoroughly and dried. Then you are to use ScotchGard in the green can for canvas.

Â*Â*Scotchgardâ„¢ Outdoor Water Shield

I used the green scotchguard this year but it doesn’t seem to do much. Maybe I need to really soak it in, I used 2 cans for the 6 fabric ends.
Mr Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:06 AM   #75

I like to use 303 Fabric Guard as a water repellant applied about twice per year or after cleaning the canvas fabric tent ends Also 303 UV Protectant for the vinyl parts of the tent From Homedepot I like 2X Mold Armor to treat the tent if it gets any black mold

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:13 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
I like to use 303 Fabric Guard as a water repellant applied about twice per year or after cleaning the canvas fabric tent ends Also 303 UV Protectant for the vinyl parts of the tent From Homedepot I like 2X Mold Armor to treat the tent if it gets any black mold

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1324.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	291.9 KB
ID:	209748
Anyone here of this stuff? atsko Silicone water-guard for lots of materials including canvas and nylon. Was thinking of giving my canvas side panels on Our 183 a spray. I’m always cautious. [emoji51]
NSNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hybrid, maintenance, roo