Old 07-24-2015, 09:01 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriena View Post
makers of the tents reccomended scotchguard as well this morning. Just nervous to put anything on it after that. I have never seen this happen to fabric from peroxide before.
Scotchguard does not work, it took more of the finish off of it, so it has now gone up to a 9 in x 9 in circle..... will have to try something else, patch, new window, new tent... something.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #52

All, the upper right corner of the tent end is pulling away from the bunk frame. I already had it "fixed" by Camping World under warranty but it pulled out again. Their "fix" was to push in the edge of the channel slightly and added a lot of goop. That obviously didn't work.

I'm thinking the pressure of the stretcher pole pulled it out but the design shouldn't allow that. What actually holds this in place? If it had a rope bead I could see how the channel would hold it, but it seems to be just a flat piece of rubber, or maybe just the vinyl itself folded multiple times to make a thicker seam. That doesn't seem to be sufficient to hold it, and I see no clips or clamps.

I'm in my second year of ownership but have the factory extended warranty. Either way it should be warranted by FR, or by CW for shoddy initial repairs.

- 1999 Chevrolet Astro
- 2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4x2 5L V8 Hemi

- 2016 Ford F-150 SCrew Lariat 4x2 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:31 PM   #53

Smile New to Camping with our 2016, 21DK Roo!

We just bought our new Roo! What are PUGs? We are also planning to use our camper in late fall as well. Do we need to winterize it if we use it when the nights are below 32 degrees and the days warm up? We love camping in Michigan and winter comes early to our part of the country. M.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:36 PM   #54

Popup gizmos. They are reflective blankets custom fit to hybrid dimensions with bungie cords to hold them in place. Search the web for popup gizmos and you will find it.

They really do keep the heat out...but I can't speak for the cold weather performance yet. I have no doubt they will work equally well.

I would definitely consider winterizing if it will be below 30 and not using the water. Other than that you can still use it but you might want some reflectix/ecofoil bubble stuff for the windows.

Welcome to club DK!
Old 09-15-2015, 09:51 PM   #55

What does everyone use to clean their tent ends?.. Mine has some marks on them and i'm worried that after camping under these pine trees there is also some sap..should only be on one end, since my pug blew off in a storm last night..
Old 09-18-2015, 08:32 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Camper View Post
What does everyone use to clean their tent ends?.. Mine has some marks on them and i'm worried that after camping under these pine trees there is also some sap..should only be on one end, since my pug blew off in a storm last night..
I clean first with a mild detergent, sometimes even car wash detergent. Any tough spots left over I try Oxi-Clean.
2012:1042/13 2013:2772/27
2014:2259/30 2015:1644/20
2016:1278/23 2017:578/10
indybp57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 04:33 PM   #57
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

The manual for my Coleman Popup lists Woolite as the best clearance for the tent ends.

Erik Lundquist
iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2015, 08:54 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriena View Post
Scotchguard does not work, it took more of the finish off of it, so it has now gone up to a 9 in x 9 in circle..... will have to try something else, patch, new window, new tent... something.

Keep us posted if you come up with a solution. I have the same problem with the windows on my 2014 21ss. The front bunk side windows appear to have spots In what seams to be cloth not vinyl. Can't seam to get it cleaned and now it looks like the waterproofing is off the Windows. Not sure what to do myself.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:53 AM   #59

I've always used a liquid detergent for baby clothing and my RV brush.
popupdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:05 AM   #60

I use a cleaner called tuff stuff, yellow bottle in the auto cleaning section at walmart. Works like a charm!

Tags
hybrid, maintenance, roo