Old 07-29-2016, 07:49 PM   #61
Hey friend, Did you ever come up with a canvas solution. Same issue here. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm a do it yourself kind of guy if needed.

2013 Roo 233S
'02 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax
popupdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:04 PM   #62
The basic FR manual for our 2016 23WS told us how to do it. Learned on our first trip though that if you are packing up the TT tents wet or like we did, in a rainstorm, move the mattresses to the main cabin. They will get a little wet when water squeezes in during stowage. Manual did also advise of that but I missed it initially.

HappyTrails8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:15 PM   #63
Originally Posted by coriena View Post
Scotchguard does not work, it took more of the finish off of it, so it has now gone up to a 9 in x 9 in circle..... will have to try something else, patch, new window, new tent... something.

We cleaned a section of the tent end with oxi-clean and it looks like the finish came off as well. Did you come up with a fix for this?
t0rnado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:13 AM   #64

Okay progress! I called TJ-Snuggles and they let me know not to use anything but soap and water to clean the canvas areas of the bunk ends! Use the Oxi-Clean on the vinyl parts of the bunks only! The tag they give you is a little misleading.

Any cleaner or anything else that takes the waterproofing out of the canvas parts of the tent ends needs to be rinsed thoroughly and dried. Then you are to use ScotchGard in the green can for canvas.

Â*Â*Scotchgard™ Outdoor Water Shield
t0rnado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:10 PM   #65
Cool mold/mildew

Hi, I have a 2013 Roo Hybrid and it also came with all the information on how to care for the bunk end vinyl. We have always made sure it was dry before putting it away and had it vented well when we slept. I do not cook inside the trailer as I don't want all the greasiness or the smell and we don't use the shower.
With that said, we have a major mold problem on the insides of the vinyl.
My screen covers are also vinyl with the cloth inside, and they also have mold. So how do you clean the inside when, there is no stiffness so you can't really put any pressure on it and it is on the top? Can we clean the insides now with it being cold?
Cleaning the outside was not too difficult but did notice mold in the hinges and the vinyl along the bottom. Most of it came off with a small brush/toothbrush.
What would you use to seal/waterproof the seams again?
We live in south central Ontario and have already had frost and wet snow with more flurries in the forecast, with temps ranging from 10- -1 C at night and daytime temps of 3-12 C

2013 Rockwood Roo 19
2007 Chevy Silverado 4x4

Shandy is offline   Reply With Quote

hybrid, maintenance, roo