Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #1

Roo Hybrid Questions

I'm thinking of buying a 2001 Roo, not sure of model but it has beds on each end, slide with sofa and two entrance doors.

Questions:

What size battery is needed for this TT?

I need to repair minor water damage over bath from leak on roof. What should I use to replace ceiling materials and seal the roof? The wall and floor are solid and no damage.

Exterior needs a serious cleaning, what is best/safest to use to clean?

Thanks,
Bob
ratlird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bob,
Welcome to the forum.

Battery: Your trailer can use any 12volt battery. How big and of what quality depends on how long you want it to last. A basic and cheap group 24 12v is the minimum. Larger group 27 and group 31s are better and will last longer between charges (although also more expensive and larger). Read this for a better understanding Forest River Forums - Downloads - 12 volt side of Life.

Roof and ceiling repair: Be very careful about taking on a "project" like this unless you are getting a screaming deal and know what you are doing. Water is strange and the leak could be from somewhere that you don't expect and can't easily identify. You will have to find the source and repair that or the same problems will occur.

I can't help much with the materials (luan, insulation, etc) you need to do the repair as I have never done it. Others have though and hopefully they can chime in. Here's a search list from the site of other threads that might help, too. https://www.google.com/search?q=ceil...iverforums.com

Cleaning:
There are a lot of products and methods out there. There's more information in our Library for further reading about recommended cleaners and other items for each type of roof, etc...
Forest River Forums - Downloads - Awnings, Roofs and Exterior

Here is what I do:

Roof:
I like Simple Green. First, its good to ID the type of roof that you have: Rubber roof (AKA “EPDM”) membranes are smooth and will be slippery when wet. TPO roof membranes have a texture like an orange peel.

Basically, the roof needs to be cleaned with a non-petroleum based cleaner. While you are up there, closely inspect the seals for cracks and use Dicor LAP sealant to touch-up (leveling for horizontal surfaces and non-leveling for vertical surfaces).

I have only ever used two types on the roof of our 233S: Murphy's Oil Soap or Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner. The Simple Green really did a good job - better than the Murphy's.

My roof is TPO so double check these can be used with EPDM if that is what you have.

Body:
I like Wash Wax ALL Cleaner from Aero Cosmetics. I will use water/soap to get the heavy road grime off where needed but the Wash Wax All does a good job for 95% of the trailer. The key is to take your time even if you need to plan on a couple of days. Spray on in a small enough area where you can immediately wipe dry. Do not let it dry on its own as it will leave streaks. A box of disposable rags is nice to use.

Awning:
I like LA's Totally Awesome. The process I use is to dilute the concentrated Awesome, spray it on the underside (make sure to wear safety goggles and old clothes), climb on top of my camper and spray it on the topside of the awning, roll up and let it sit for 30 minutes. Unroll the awning and wipe off with a mop and water. Rinse top and bottom with a hose when done cleaning. Let dry.

Good luck.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #3

Roo questions

Triguy,

Thanks for the reply. Any idea of where I might find floorplans and specs for 2001 models? I've searched the Web but no luck.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:25 PM   #4

What size is it? Any info on vin sticker

2006 roo 23b
99 Silverado xtra cab with 4.8 and tow package

2006 Ford F150 4.6L
Rrickim63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:41 PM   #5

Try 2001 roo m25. There's one on you tube. It might be what you're getting. I don't know how to create link. Good luck on repairs. I've. Been through it and it will be more involved than you think...if you're handy. Just take your time

2006 roo 23b
99 Silverado xtra cab with 4.8 and tow package

2006 Ford F150 4.6L
Rrickim63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:34 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlird View Post
Triguy,

Thanks for the reply. Any idea of where I might find floorplans and specs for 2001 models? I've searched the Web but no luck.
Unfortunately, no. Your best friend is Google, but you could also try calling Forest River.

The VIN should be stamped on the frame. There also might be a sticker on the door or in an inside cabinet.

As I faintly recall, 2001 model Roos are designated M-16, M-19, M-21, M-23, or M-25 roughly corresponding to their lengths. The two largest had slide outs.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:45 AM   #7

Okay I now know it is an M25, thanks to all for there help.

Tags
hybrid, roo