Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #1

Roo interior opinions: Cherry/Taylor Sand or Hickory/Austin?

Hello. I'm about to buy a new Roo 19. I have it narrowed down to 2 2013 units I've found. Both have the same options and same price. The decision comes down to interior finishes.
One has Cherry/Taylor Sand and one has Hickory/Austin.
1) What's your cabinet preference, cherry or hickory? Is cherry too dark in a small trailer?
2) Any opinions on the fabrics? Both are really dark as well. The Austin has a vinyl sofa.
I'm indecisive and love to hear what others think. What combo do you have/like? Thanks!
Northerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
Hello. I'm about to buy a new Roo 19. I have it narrowed down to 2 2013 units I've found. Both have the same options and same price. The decision comes down to interior finishes.
1) What's your cabinet preference, cherry or hickory? Is cherry too dark in a small trailer?
2) Any opinions on the fabrics? Both are really dark as well. The Austin has a vinyl sofa.
I'm indecisive and love to hear what others think. What combo do you have/like? Thanks!
To me, the darker the colours (on couch, dinette cushion etc.) the better, especially with kids or pets! On that note, anything can be cleaned or kept clean, some "lighter" colours with more work! (IMHO)

Buy whay you like, I don't think R.V. Manufacturers get too far from the norm and if you like the colours there will be many more that will like also (resale).

Don't worry, your 3rd trailer will be the first trailer you should have bought!

Seriously,

Make sure the floor plan is exactly what you want, you'll be happy no matter what colour everything is

Happy shopping,

Shineysideup
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Site Team

have you not looked at these in person?

i strongly advise you to do this, before ordering.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #4

I have been inside this model, but not the ones I'm looking at for sale. I know the layout and "feel" of the interior are right for me.
Unfortunately I live in a remote area, so the only ones I can find for sale are a 10 hour drive away. I've seen lots of interior photos of each. Just uncertain about which colours I prefer. I'm concerned about the living area of the trailer feeling too dark (kitchen/dinette/sofa).
Old 02-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #5

I suggest getting the lightest colors.
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I can't help you with the current colors, but might be able to give some perspective on the light vs dark decor in general. Our latest trailer has a cherry wood so its darker than what I was used to. Previous trailers had lighter wood.

But, my DW looked at the three colors for the early 2012 model year and decided on the cherry for this current trailer so that's what we have. Now that we've had it for a bit I don't miss the lighter wood but find that we need to turn on the inside lights earlier in the evening than before. Daytime is not a problem especially if the bunks are open and natural light is allowed to come in.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #7

We have cherry cabinets in our 2012 Rockwood 2604, and I don't think it is too dark. That being said, we went with hickory in the new one that we ordered, because we wanted the "wood look" floor and the hickory just seemed to go better with the floor. But I actually really do like the cherry.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
We purchased a 2013 Roo 233s off a lot. We had two options for color to choose from in terms of fabric..Manhattan and Taylor Sand. We had no choice in regards to cabinets. Cherry was it. We were chasing price so we went with the dealer we picked and the two choices they had. We went with Taylor Sand/Cherry. Its dark for sure. The co-pilot loves it. I'm okay with it.

This is a exact duplicate of our 233s..same colors. I'd take pictures of ours but we dont take pick up till the end of March.
New Forest River Rockwood Roo for sale in Bridgeview IL | 2013 Forest River Rockwood Roo 233S Expandable Trailer For Sale from House of Camping in Bridgeview Illinois - House of Camping

The floor plan I love and thats probably more important anyways. If I had my choice I would have taken these colors instead on a Roo made a couple of years ago.

Page down about midway to take a look.
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Hybrid Travel Trailers: post pictures of your HTT

I showed the co-pilot and she said "Oh nooo. Thats way to light." If I interpret that right I think that means if I had found one looking like that it was mine to choose!

I guess what it all comes down to is preferences. I like the Taylor Sand/Cherry. I was at the local RV show yesterday and walked thru Roo's with my color scheme and found myself feeling that I really like it the more I look at it. Maybe I'm a lets look at the bright side guy. Also, I'm just thrilled to be out of my popup where all I saw was sleeping bags..duffels..pillows..camping gear and only spent time in there sleeping/packing and setting up.

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #9

Get what colors you like, not what I like. Like some others said, the floor plan needs to meet your needs and wants.
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #10

We just picked up our 21SS and went with the Taylor Sand. It was the interior we liked the best. You will have to pick what you like the best.
grege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #11

Thanks all. I ended up with a factory order in Hickory/Taylor sand. I think it's a nice neutral scheme and not too dark or fomal (but dark enough to hide a little campsite dirt). I'm pretty excited to get it, but have a while to wait for camping season...
Old 02-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #12

We just bought a 233S and went with the Cherry/Manhattan colors. I really like the cherry. But am indifferent with Manhattan.

One thing I really like is the cherry with the raised panels on the fridge. Makes it look very high end.
fritz_monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #13

I opted for no panels on the fridge. Just not a look I care for. Nice that people can choose to do it either way.
grege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by grege View Post
I opted for no panels on the fridge. Just not a look I care for. Nice that people can choose to do it either way.
There you go. That's the best thing about camping and campers. There's something for everyone. Don't like it my way, great, do it your own way.
fritz_monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz_monroe View Post
There you go. That's the best thing about camping and campers. There's something for everyone. Don't like it my way, great, do it your own way.
The co-pilot said she liked the look of the raised panels. This was her opinion from what she saw online when she saw a picture of a 233s from a different dealer website. Go figure. Even though I purchased one on the lot I got them as an add on for her. I could have lived w/o but liked the look too. I actually would prefer sunken panels to raised! Just kidding.

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote