Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #21
Site Team

as was said its a niche market.
Many dealer see that popups are for people who don't want to spend a lot of money for a RV.
if they don't wan't a pop up it's easier to move them up to a travel trailer. Many dealers see hybrids as an unecessary step, that's a waste of inventory.
plus the history of bunk leaks with early models scared them away.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonman View Post
Its not worth it right now to import, or real close anyway being in Calgary.

Rangeland has a pile of Roos late time I looked and Canadian leisure sells Shamrock, Highriver autoplex had a bunch of roos too.

So I don't think they are hard to find at all, not getting rammed on the price is another story....
Well rangeland is out because they are the ones that screwed me on my trade-in so they won't be getting my business. As for Highriver, they currently have a whooping one unit...a Roo 19, no 21ssLs or 19Ls...these are the 3 I am considering and no other models on their lot. I will look into Canadian Leisure...must have missed that one in my search??? As for importing...so far yes, there is no deal for Canadians. called RVW and the price of a 21ssL delivered to the border was more than the price I can buy the same model here locally(if there was stock).

edit...nope, just checked...Canadian Leisure has zero hybrids available on their website. So far my whooping 3 options are: buy the one Roo 19 at Highriver autoplex, buy a used 2012 21ssL I found, or order a new unit and wait 8-10 weeks. Not exactly a lot to choose from.

2014 Roo 21ssL...towed by 2015 Ram Power Wagon
RACKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:31 PM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACKMAN View Post
Well rangeland is out because they are the ones that screwed me on my trade-in so they won't be getting my business. As for Highriver, they currently have a whooping one unit...a Roo 19, no 21ssLs or 19Ls...these are the 3 I am considering and no other models on their lot. I will look into Canadian Leisure...must have missed that one in my search??? As for importing...so far yes, there is no deal for Canadians. called RVW and the price of a 21ssL delivered to the border was more than the price I can buy the same model here locally(if there was stock).
Consider this very carefully.
You may think they were going to "screw" you and they will "never" get any of your money but you buy this unit from x y or z in the states or beyond then who and where are you going to take your unit to for warranty work?

We hear it ALL the time on this forum

"my unit needs to have warranty work and my local dealer wont do it because I didn't buy it from them"

" the dealer I bought my unit from is thousands of miles from me"

The price of admission goes up considerably once you go beyond your dealer 100's or thousands of miles.

Just something to consider.

I hope you never need any kind of warranty assistance but if you do and probably will then what?

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Consider this very carefully.
You may think they were going to "screw" you and they will "never" get any of your money but you buy this unit from x y or z in the states or beyond then who and where are you going to take your unit to for warranty work?

We hear it ALL the time on this forum

"my unit needs to have warranty work and my local dealer wont do it because I didn't buy it from them"

" the dealer I bought my unit from is thousands of miles from me"

The price of admission goes up considerably once you go beyond your dealer 100's or thousands of miles.

Just something to consider.

I hope you never need any kind of warranty assistance but if you do and probably will then what?

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
Yes, I understand that. I'm ruling out one dealer in my neck of the woods that sells Roos...there are others, they just don't have stock but I can take my unit to them for work if and when I ever find a Roo to buy.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Yes, I understand that. I'm ruling out one dealer in my neck of the woods that sells Roos...there are others, they just don't have stock but I can take my unit to them for work if and when I ever find a Roo to buy.
Ok good.

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #26

Quote:

edit...nope, just checked...Canadian Leisure has zero hybrids available on their website. So far my whooping 3 options are: buy the one Roo 19 at Highriver autoplex, buy a used 2012 21ssL I found, or order a new unit and wait 8-10 weeks. Not exactly a lot to choose from.
What about making a weekend trip out of going to see some a little further away? We were lucky. In our case we got it down to a few units we were interested in and went out to saw them. They didn't have the 233S in stock at the time we went but we found a member here who lived in the same city and was kind enough to have us over to see the unit. Then we made the deal with the dealer here in town. We got several quotes and went to the dealer and ordered our unit. Maybe you can do something similar. See whats within driving distance you are ok with and make a mini vacation out of going to pick it up (some Americans here have driven insane amounts of time to get there units from what I have read)
Nights camped 2013: 17
Shado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shado View Post
What about making a weekend trip out of going to see some a little further away? We were lucky. In our case we got it down to a few units we were interested in and went out to saw them. They didn't have the 233S in stock at the time we went but we found a member here who lived in the same city and was kind enough to have us over to see the unit. Then we made the deal with the dealer here in town. We got several quotes and went to the dealer and ordered our unit. Maybe you can do something similar. See whats within driving distance you are ok with and make a mini vacation out of going to pick it up (some Americans here have driven insane amounts of time to get there units from what I have read)
Yup...may have to do just that...just didn't think it would be this hard to spend money lol!

Old 03-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #28

No they all want your money. Just spend it wisely.

We found out that Roos were harder to come by in our area but we are so happy with our purchase. You will find one
Nights camped 2013: 17
Shado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #29
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shado View Post
I beg to differ. We own a 233S and have seen campgroups where hybrids have have been equal to TTs. I think it depends on where you live and where you camp. HTT are becoming popular enough that more and more people seems to be buying them leading more manufacturers are making them.
I guess it has something to do with location too. I notice every RV that passes me going the other way and there are very few HTT vs regular TT alone, not to mention 5vers and Motorhomes. The only RV's that have a smaller percentage of the market would be Class B.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:43 PM   #30
rbq

Since you are in Alberta might want to check at Rockymountain RV in Logan Utah. They seem to have a good inventory of Roos.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #31

The dollar is .89, its real close to not worth it.

Canadian has nothing on the site from what I saw but they had stuff on the lot, call them.

Is rangeland really screwing you, whats the whole story?

They hold the cards so you may need to play their game.
08 Outback 21RS
Talonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #32

We are picking up our Roo Wed 26th from RV Direct.
Good luck on your new camper purchase.
ParrishCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:35 PM   #33

Rackman - there is something to be said about a good dealer - of the ones close by that carry the brand(s) you want - do any stand out with after sales service from word of mouth / friends co-workers? That may be the dealer to go with - We were introduced to our salesman by friends and have done the same for our friends - good service has earned this salesman/dealership - IIRCC at least 6 sales from our little group - from a used pop-up to a $75k 5th -
It may be worth considering ordering in the unit you are looking for or see if the dealer does swaps with other close by dealers that could get you the camper you want
shopping
Old 03-20-2014, 10:08 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonman View Post
The dollar is .89, its real close to not worth it.

Canadian has nothing on the site from what I saw but they had stuff on the lot, call them.

Is rangeland really screwing you, whats the whole story?

They hold the cards so you may need to play their game.

The Coles notes of the story is that Rangeland agreed that my unit was worth a certain amount on trade-in but come the day of pickup and trade-in changed their trade-in value on me. So I got my deposit refunded and walked away. I'm not going to give my stuff away for nothing. I will sell my unit privately and then take my business elsewhere. I don't agree that I have to play their game. I will buy used or order a unit from another dealer if they have none on the lot. So far dealing with rv dealers has been no better than dealing with the stereotypical used car salesman. It's been a real disappointment. I can't say I'm surprised though.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:50 AM   #35

Guarantee RV quoted me low end US NADA for my trade and full Canadian list for the new one on their lot, I was wondering how that math worked, they still have the new one on the lot....

You have to play their game if you want the trailer they have, maybe have another go at it and beat them down a bit on the price, or do no trade and you could get a better price then sell yours private.

Its hard to be a Canadian sometimes, everything down south is cheap and free shipping lol
08 Outback 21RS
Old 03-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #36

Hey Rackman, I picked up a 2011 Rockwood roo23ss from Uncle Bens in Red Deer last weekend, great customer service give them a shout not sure if they more on the lot.
roadrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #37

I have been racing at Westerner for years and that row of RV dealers goes forever, still amazes me that people buy that many RV's.
08 Outback 21RS

Tags
roo