Old 10-25-2015, 05:23 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-in-SC View Post
The brackets that OldCoot makes get permanently attached to the power awning arms. Your poles attach to the brackets and are self storing. Nothing to fuss with. Nothing to store.
I get to camp, deploy the power awning, pull the retaining pin on the poles and they swing down into position. I put the pin back in the poles at the desired height. Then just use a ratchet strap to anchor them to the ground. Fast and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I searched through all the mod posts. You convinced me.

OldCoot sent me the info / invoice to order the brackets, and I have an email into the dealer to see if we can change back to power awning. I would think I can still change as the order was officially submitted on Thursday, and the last I heard engineering was looking into if they could even put a manual on the 23WS. I guess I was the first to request one.

How do you keep the fabric from developing "flap" at the edges in a constant wind?

Thanks. Now I am modding before I own or have the trailer. Don't tell my wife.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:36 AM   #32

Haha. Sorry about that. 😀

So far, I have not found the need for any de-flapper but I think OldCoot and some others have come up with some ideas if you find you need them.

Here are a few more pics of the upper and lower brackets as well as the poles in the travel position:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1445765570.548662.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	92773

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1445765717.031747.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	92776

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1445765678.245108.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	92775

2015 Shamrock 23IKSS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DH-DW-D3K-DMTTSAP
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:15 AM   #33
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

Roo Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post

Thanks. Now I am modding before I own or have the trailer. Don't tell my wife.

Welcome to the special ops modding society!

I have been working on my list for two years just based from posts on forms and reviewing a friends 23IKSS. I just can't wait to have my 23IKSS to start the work.

On our Popup I completely replumbed both the supply and waste lines. I moved all the supply lines from the under belly to within the cabinetry. I plumbed the waste lines from the Kitchen sink and shower to the curb side to a standard waste gate with sewer hose connector.

I had the unit gutted for three weeks and she was very nervous/stressed if I would get it back together.

Now with the new changes to the units I am revising the lists and designs for our future 23IKSS.

Erik Lundquist
iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2015, 11:40 AM   #34
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

Roo Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking46 View Post
Choosing the free standing table and chairs costs you a lot of built in storage. An ik doesn't have much storage for bigger items, the front pass thru is not large. We keep bulky items in the dinette seats. I guess the trade off is more comfort vs more storage.

Yea we loose storage, but we would be able to flip the sofa and table back to last years layout! I am still not sold on having the sofa back by the bathroom.

The wife is worried about storage, but I don't want our need for storage to grow when moving from a Popup to the Roo.

I still need to see the table and chairs are built well, before I consider the option. A friend has a 5er with the table and chairs. It appeared to be made well. Its nice to have as you can move it out from the wall to make room for six adults. The big plus you don't have those trapped in the booth seating, as everyone can get up with chairs; if there is room to move behind someone sitting in the chair. Again another thing to check out in person.

Erik Lundquist
iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2015, 08:45 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-in-SC View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth. I agree with you 100%.

I will second that 100%

As far as the awning, we preferred the old manual...but its not available....even though the power awning is an option...
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:17 PM   #36

The power awning was a must for us. We have some short one-night stays while travelling, and it is great to be able to quickly set up and close up with the push of a button. The awning sides have never been "flapping" in two seasons of use. I don't see the need for the extra brackets either....if the forecast is for high winds, just retract the awning!
Velosprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:41 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velosprout View Post
I don't see the need for the extra brackets either....if the forecast is for high winds, just retract the awning!
Its not always an easy option. Lots of times I'll go to the state park for a two weeker, but some of those days during the week I'll have to go to work. I don't want to have to worry about it and I don't want to need to retract it because I usually have a 3 burner camp chef stove, a Cabelas camp kitchen, and a table set up under it.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:20 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetavon View Post
As far as the awning, we preferred the old manual...but its not available....even though the power awning is an option...
If your ordering from the factory the manual awning is available. Here is a 2016 183 with the manual awning. You will not get the LED lights with it. What you'll get is the Dometic 8500. I had it ordered then changed it back to the powered.

Another thing you can get which I do not think is advertised is the standard windows with the Oyster Fiberglass in the Sapphire package.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1_3641_1810043_38280678.jpg;maxwidth=1024;maxheight=1024;mode=crop.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	93960  
Old 11-09-2015, 01:36 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
If your ordering from the factory the manual awning is available. Here is a 2016 183 with the manual awning. You will not get the LED lights with it. What you'll get is the Dometic 8500. I had it ordered then changed it back to the powered.

Another thing you can get which I do not think is advertised is the standard windows with the Oyster Fiberglass in the Sapphire package.
That's messed up....Sapphire package without the package, standard windows and wheels....
We didn't order from the factory, they had one with everything we wanted at another dealer and shipped it 2 days later... We did ask and were told that a manual awning was not available.
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:00 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetavon View Post
That's messed up...We did ask and were told that a manual awning was not available.
Initially the salesman told me that also, until I showed him a picture of a 2016 233S that had one. He called his Rockwood rep...................no problem.

Messed up? The Sapphire package is 544 MSRP and includes Oyster Fiberglass, Aluminum wheels, and bonded windows. If you don't get the Sapphire package you can add just the aluminum wheels......for $392

I guess the bonded windows and Oyster Fiberglass only costs $152

Tags
roo