Old 10-19-2014, 10:17 AM   #1
Roo owner, 1st camper, lady has repair and sale questions!

Hi Everyone,
Thank you for any help your can provide, I am on my own here and not very knowledgeable. I purchased a 2012 M-19 Roo for my Husband and I. Then came along our daughter. Hubby just does not enjoy it, and it has been used maybe 10 nights total by myself only. It is pristine aside from below.
I am unfortunately going to sell it. ;-(

1) I damaged the floor (the faux wood floor) with a vacuum which sat upright while running - and it pulled off just the top color layer of floor about 2" by 6" wide. Can I purchase replacement flooring that matches from Forest River? Or how can I repair? Wood scratch oil just does not match the color.

2) I have been told the M-19 model is hard to come by, and sells easily. I cannot find very many for sale online, and the prices seem high. Has anyone heard this about the 19?

3) What is the best place to sell it for visibility? I am in MA, but I can put it in Harrisonburg, VA also if more people purchase campers down that way. I just do not know what area of the country is best for used sales.

4) Should I consign it at a dealer? Forest River dealer? How much do consignments usually cost, or should they cost?

Thank you so much in advance for any assistance, I am flying a little blind.
Have a wonderful week!!!

thestewys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
Moderators' Assistant
The smaller models, like the Roo 19, are less common. But that doesn't mean that they'll sell easy.
This is the worst time of the year to sell a RV. You'll sell it easier and get a better price if you wait till Spring.
Most sell on Craig's List or RV Trader.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #3
Roo owner, 1st camper, lady has repair and sale questions!

We bought our roo 19 off Craig's list. We bought it in December and got a great deal so maybe spring is better. I know the lady we bought it from had been trying to sell it for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
kim_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:35 AM   #4
Floor repair question - faux wood

Well that explains the sale part, thank you! There is a new 3 bed model that is great. So stiff competition. I'm hoping we can find a buyer, I'm not looking to make money off it. Fair value would be fine, but I can't find many to price it up against. Anyone know what a 2012 m-19 custom everything (glazed cabinets, larger fridge) and upgrades runs?
Anyone know about the repairing the faux floor issue?
Thanks again!
Old 10-21-2014, 05:09 PM   #5

You can go to and go to the rv section. Check off the items you have on their check list. It should give you several prices - fair, good, excellent, etc. Hope this helps.

2013 Ford F250 SD 6.7L
2014 Wildwood Heritage Glen 282RK
Certified Rumble Strip Tester
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #6
Site Team
The nada prices will be well above what used really sells for. I used it to quote to buyers. You can check out rv for price comparison or pay to sell it on there. I looked at prices of similar trailers on rv trader and craigslist. This included other brands with similar floor plans. I had quotes from dealers for trade and a quote from a consignment dealer. We had a desired number in our head based upon what we owed. We started by listing higher than our bottom number knowing people always want to negotiate down. We came down a couple of times in the month it took to sell. We still got more than owed and $5000 more than any dealer was willing to give on trade. We sold for approximately what I saw my old tt listed for at a couple of dealerships nationwide. I included my wdh, sewer hose, fresh water hose, 30 amp extension cord, and lynx levelers so I could it sell it as "ready to camp today". If you have the title in hand vs a bank note on the trailer then that makes it more marketable. If you sell it yourself, be careful. Cashier's check only. We went to the bank with the buyers and had them obtain the cashier's check while we were there so we knew it was good. I did well using craigslist. You can also list your trailer in the classifieds on this website.
<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #7
Thank you!

camper, repair, roo