Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2015, 11:24 PM   #1

Roo table repair

While on a recent 9-day camping trip, the wood moulding on both ends of the fold-down café table on our 2015 21SS have become unglued/stapled and are separating from the ends of the table. This is where the wood trim meets the laminate top surface. While not fallen all of the way off yet, they need repair. It is still under the second year of the Forest River warranty, but my dealership is about 3 hours away. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, did you address it under warranty or bring out the wood glue and furniture clamps?

It appears that wire staples are shot at an angle from the bottom of the wood trim into the table top, but at one place the wire staple missed and others didn't connect well. The trim pieces weren't properly positioned, leaving 1/32" gap at one end between the trim and the laminate which may eventually cause the laminate top to chip and break.
Velosprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:34 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velosprout View Post
While on a recent 9-day camping trip, the wood moulding on both ends of the fold-down café table on our 2015 21SS have become unglued/stapled and are separating from the ends of the table. This is where the wood trim meets the laminate top surface. While not fallen all of the way off yet, they need repair. It is still under the second year of the Forest River warranty, but my dealership is about 3 hours away. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, did you address it under warranty or bring out the wood glue and furniture clamps?

It appears that wire staples are shot at an angle from the bottom of the wood trim into the table top, but at one place the wire staple missed and others didn't connect well. The trim pieces weren't properly positioned, leaving 1/32" gap at one end between the trim and the laminate which may eventually cause the laminate top to chip and break.
I would be more likely to use Gorilla Glue. It is a polyurethane product. Just a word of caution FYI... wet both surfaces first and use very sparingly. It expands quite a bit, but it is strong as heck. In your application, stay a little ways away from your visible surface at the formica edge. Any excess, wait untill completely dry and shave it off with a razor blade.
I've had two other probs with my table, 1) the little yellow release button came off early in the game and I replaced it with a 8-32 stud, nut and turned a aluminum knob. 2)last night the weld broke on that draglink going the length of the table broke at the front end and I ended up having to clamp together and drilling the end in two places and installing a couple screws and nuts to hold it together and keep it from twisting. Back weld didn't break but I put in a screw and nut just to keep the stress off the weld
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, roo