Old 05-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #1

Roo21 RS AC Unit

Missing the manual for my 2009 21RS AC Unit (Dometic Duotherm) , so I went to the Dometic website (www.edometic.com) to find the electronic version only to discover that they do not reference my model # 57915.341.
Basically, I need to know how many BTU's the unit puts out (13500 seems popular) so I can calculate Amp draw in order to figure out what size generator I should buy. Also, would like to know if there are any good sources out there foe ordering the Honda 2000i model, which seems to be the hands down favored genny. Yamaha 2400i is tempting, also, insofar as it might power my AC unit, if I can ever figure out what kind of amperage the unit draws...anyway, thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer...

Renogy Solar Suitcase
Progressive Industries EMS
Sea Eagle 420 Tandem Inflatable Kayak
Jimsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:31 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

Jim, it's almost certain that it's a 13.5k unit.
and i seriously doubt that you'll be able to run it with a Honda 2000 and definitely not on a hot day.

you have to start with the Yamaha 2400 but if i were in the market for a inverter generator, i'd be getting the new Champion 3100w inverter gennie.
Amazon has had them on sale for as low as $749.

definitely will run a Roo a/c.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:45 PM   #3

Thanks again for your helpful hints! I did much reading on the cChampion and it would make great sense for me to purchase that model. Unfortunately, Amazon has upped the price $100 and , search as I might, I can't find it for less than $850, which is much cheaper than many other sites, but it grinds me that I see it advertised for@$750 then when I link to the actual price
it is invariably $850 or more!
I still have a few weeks before I head for the boondocks, so I am hoping I can still find the cheaper price by then. If anyone knows of a place to look, please inform. Thanks again, Jim
Renogy Solar Suitcase
Progressive Industries EMS
Sea Eagle 420 Tandem Inflatable Kayak
Jimsue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo