Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #1

roof sealant

Hi, I have a 2004 shamrock camper and would like to seal the roof. Does anyone have experince with this and what is the appropriate sealer to use?
Thanks
kbmtcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #2

when you say "seal the roof",are you talking about coating the entire roof or just the caulked or sealed areas around all the vents,ac and stacks ?. if you mean the caulked areas ,i would reccomend using dicor caulk or better yet use eternabond over all the caulked areas. you can buy eternabond from an rv supply or get it online. expensive,but it does a great job of sealing. apply it over the caulked areas after thoroughly cleaning with mineral spirits.if you go to eternabond's website,there are videos that explain how to use it.
if you mean sealing the entire roof,why do you think it needs sealing ? if its rubber or pvc,i would just clean it .those materials don't need sealing,unless its torn or ripped.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

A bit more information needed I think. In addition to "what are you trying to accomplish?"

What roof do you have - EPDM or TPO? Dicor or Alpha?

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #4

well, im not 100% sure what kind of roof I have. I am trying to do some PM. I have chaulked all of the joints, vents, etc. Didnt knwo if there was any additional care required. How do i tell what kind of roof I have?
kbmtcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmtcastle View Post
well, im not 100% sure what kind of roof I have. I am trying to do some PM. I have chaulked all of the joints, vents, etc. Didnt knwo if there was any additional care required. How do i tell what kind of roof I have?
This thread from yesterday will help. The video is good. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ype-48035.html

Take a look at the library for the manuals on various roofs and how to take care of them. Forest River Forums - Downloads - Awnings, Roofs and Exterior

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
expandable, hybrid, roo, roof, shamrock