Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #1

Rookie Camper

Hi All! I'm a new camper and just purchased my first Hybrid 233S that should be arriving on Friday! Going from a pop-up (just started using this summer) we know very very basics about the hybrid campers. We had to purchase our unit 7 hours away because we couldnt find a place that sells it near us so the unit is being delivered. The problem is we need a detailed walk thru....any ideas where I can get that? There is one youtube video that is pretty good but hard to hear cause the wind. Any idea? Any comments are welcome!
mtaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #2

That is the downside of buying far away from home. Personally after owning a couple of RV's I actually know more than the people who do the walk thru about the RV and how things work. Once it is at home, do yourself a big favor. Walk around it and then start looking at every component and figure out how it works and that you know how to operate that part. Then move on to the next component and repeat the same procedure. After a solid day you will also have more knowledge that the techs. If you don't understand something, call the dealer and ask, or simply come on the forums and ask.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #3

Great! Thank so much! I hate the fact I had to buy far away; I definitly like to support my local business but when spending this much money I wanted to get the model I really wanted. I will do exactly what you said and check it out. I am a little nervous about signing for the unit when it is delivered because I am not sure what to look for - I suppose I should plug it in and check if all the componets are working and make sure it doesnt smell like mildew inside...can you give me other things I should check when it is delivered?

We also have a Toyota Tunda and it is good for 9K lbs but our hitch is only 5K lbs....Ive hears that the weight distribution bar will add another 2k lbs ... is that right? Should I get another hitch?
Old 08-09-2011, 10:11 PM   #4

RVWholesalers has great detailed video's on the Roo's. Congrats on the purchase, we love our 233s.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
rbq

I think that you just need to do what you said by powering everything up and checking it all out. Open the beds and set them up (we did this at our PDI even though the end beds were open at the RV show, the side bed wasn't open due to being too close to the next RV and when we opened it found that they had used the cable for a front bed which are longer and the dealer had to order the correct cables which we installed easily). Open all of the windows to make sure that they work. Try everything out. You'll probably find that most everything is in order and you'll enjoy your 233S as much as we enjoy ours.
rbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #6

We have owned a hybrid for the last several years. When we pick up our next rv... We will insist on checking out every system... At the dealership, before it leaves the lot, and before we pay.
We will also ask for a ladder, so we can look at the roof... I have heard lots of story's on here about roof seams etc. Not being calked, or separating right from the factory.
We will open all windows, check all zippers and snaps, open the hatches and make sure water lines are connected. Is there a water filter? is it there? Does the heat and air conditioner work.? Some hybrids have heated bunks... If yours does, check them to be sure they work. Also the clip on lights and fans.
Check the bathroom fan. Make sure the Velcro around the bunk ends is properly attached. Check the stereo. Check that the fridge switches to gas when on auto. Etc, etc.... Good idea to get down on the floor and check for any soft spots too....
I am now unapologetic about the level at which I want to inspect my new trailer... And the amount of time that this inspection will take.
This comes after too many run arounds in the past, with the dealership denying responsibility etc.
Enjoy your new purchase....

Lady Wendolyn

2003 21 ft Forrest River Shamrock

Manitoba Canada
ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #7

I second Lady Wendolyn on the inspection. I had mine delivered from RVWholesalers and had my share of problems because I didn't do the detailed walk through.

With that said however I still love my 233S and all the problems were fixed through my local dealer.

***Local dealer didn't sell the ROO or I would have purchased through them***
drs244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #8
CampeRooo

There are a few PDI checklist's out there, but here are a couple to get you started on ideas of things that you want to check.

One made by one of our own (see the pdf attachment a few posts down):
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ist-10253.html

Others found on the web:
RV Inspection Checklist
http://www.eaglecapowners.com/camper...Inspection.pdf

Good luck and enjoy your new toy!

Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #9

Camp Driveway is always a great place to start your first trip set it up camp in it a few nights figure it out not really that hard to do Jot down your question come on here and ask away someone on here will help you with what ever it is you need to know Set it up completely beds and all turn on fridge plug it in turn on A/C light the stove run water in tank tirn on pump hook it up to a hose use water that way also check for leaks listen for your pump to run when you are using your water tanks if pump rum in spurts and your not using any water than thats a good sign yuo have a leak some where these are just some of thing off the top of my head that come to mind bottom line is use everything thats in there till you get comfortable using it than hit the road you will do great
Old 08-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #10

I feel like a kid in a candy shop!!!!! My new camper arrived and I cant wait to go camping - I packed it all up moved things around, check it, re checked it, opened and closed the beds - I love it and I know each of you know how I feel right now! Can wait to take her out this weekend!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #11

Also wanted to ask you guys.... the one thing I noticed is when I open my slide I see light on the right side while it opens - is that normal?