Old 12-09-2015, 07:53 PM   #11
Summer2Go

I can't fit too many plastic tubs in my storage. I use a plastic zipper bag from a newly purchased quilt. I looked in the bumper of my 2016, saw all the rough edges and went a different route for the hose. I might be in trouble if I need a really long hose, but not so far.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 12-09-2015, 08:38 PM   #12

Interesting! I've kept our Rhino sewer hose in our bumper for five years without issue. I also have the original sewer hose on the opposite side of the bumper as a back up.

1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:59 PM   #13

I would recommend cleaning out as much scalely rust as possible. The methods mentioned above will work. Hose out the dirt and grime, let dry. Then treat rust with a rust converter like "Must for Rust" (Lowe's) or Rust Oleum's rust reformer then paint. Mostly because if you paint over rust, all you really get is painted rust. The rust doesn't need painted, the actual metal needs to be painted.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
Nights camping in 2017: 20 nights
Miles traveled in 2017: 1,530
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:36 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljag View Post
Interesting! I've kept our Rhino sewer hose in our bumper for five years without issue. I also have the original sewer hose on the opposite side of the bumper as a back up.
I had good luck like steeljag. I used a Thetford Smarthose for over four years and over 400 nights camping. That's probably at least 150 times that the sewer hose was dragged in and out of the "bumper" and across concrete dump pads. After it developed a leak, I bought another Smarthose. The new one leaked in several places the first time. All of the leaks were at the inside of the pleats, not on the outside where it rubs. I called Thetford and they sent me a replacement.
RamblerGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:24 AM   #15

Number 1 the Tube (Bumper) is welded full length where it butts together,IF installed properly the weld is on the Bottom! There will be (Slag/Rough Weld) full length in this area,to (File/Grind) this area would be a Difficult Job! I used Vinyl Soffit stock and installed across the bottom and up the sides 1pc! Square corners of this install allows MORE room instead of Gutter stock! A break for siding should be used to form the soffit material! Youroo!!
Old 12-10-2015, 07:14 AM   #16

I installed this Lippert under body storage box for my main sewer hose.

Then this D&W Super Slide adjustable tube for the extension. If you just have a single standard hose this is all you will need. I needed the box because I went with the Waste Master system with the large nozzle on the end.

Here is a link to my thread about everything if you're interested.

Waste Master Sewer System install
Old 12-10-2015, 07:51 AM   #17

If they used seamless square tubing then there would not be a problem. A lot more $$$$$ for that!
Old 12-10-2015, 12:58 PM   #18

I added a 5" square vinyl fence post with end caps and fastened it under the belly of my Shamrock to the frame members. I used SS straps from Amazon
Breeze Make-A-Clamp Stainless Steel Hose Clamp System, 1 Kit contains: 8-1/2 ft band, 3 adjustable fasteners, 1 band splice (Pack of 1): Hose Clamp Large: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

along with several long nylon zip ties available from HDepot for just in case the SS clamps let go.

Fairly easy modification to make. The plastic tube sits between the steps and the front wheel and goes from one side to the other. With removable caps on both ends, I can get at the tube from either side. You can see the tube under the frame in this picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0001.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	95921  

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
I added a 5" square vinyl fence post with end caps and fastened it under the belly of my Shamrock to the frame members. I used SS straps from Amazon
Breeze Make-A-Clamp Stainless Steel Hose Clamp System, 1 Kit contains: 8-1/2 ft band, 3 adjustable fasteners, 1 band splice (Pack of 1): Hose Clamp Large: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

along with several long nylon zip ties available from HDepot for just in case the SS clamps let go.

Fairly easy modification to make. The plastic tube sits between the steps and the front wheel and goes from one side to the other. With removable caps on both ends, I can get at the tube from either side. You can see the tube under the frame in this picture.

I like that....looks like that will be on the list of mods for spring.

rather_b_camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 03:26 PM   #20

Yes I will be mounting a tube under the belly behind the rear wheels on my 23IKSS tired of dealing with the little metal shards tearing my hose in the bumper which I cleaned out 2x

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums