Old 03-14-2016, 11:49 AM   #11

Angel Soft here. Same thing we use at home that is on septic system. Use plenty of water and never had a problem in the last 3 campers.

Old 03-14-2016, 12:21 PM   #12
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Can you use a 1-Ply toilet paper used in and RV?
You can use anything you want, especially if you don't put it in the holding tank.

2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 02:47 PM   #13

Just back from our very first trip in our new Coachmen Clipper, and this morning I did my first dumping of the black and gray tanks, before storing the unit till our next trip. It actually went very smoothly. And after I re-filled the black water tank two thirds full again, and dumped that, the water ran out clean with no debris. Then, the grey tank,mans that went well. So, hopefully, I did things correctly.

I did notice that the RV two-ply paper we purchased from camping world, was not, how shall I put this, as "comfortable" as other options.

I've watched the video in which the Charmin Ultra performed very well. That is our "paper of choice" at home, and I'm wondering if you experts truly believe it would be OK to use in my travel trailer? I don't want to mess things up, but that would be a nice quality of life improvement.

Once again, thanks so much for answering the many questions of this pure rookie. This forum has been tremendously helpful :-)
Old 05-31-2016, 03:08 PM   #14
WFD

Give it the water in a cup test as mentioned in an earlier post, then you will see how it breaks down.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:15 PM   #15
Site Team

You also have the option to place a wastebasket next to the toilet.
Line it with the ubiquitous plastic grocery bag.
Fold used TP or roll in a clean piece and drop in the wastebasket.

House-boaters in our neck of the woods must do this as macerating marine toilets do NOT like any TP, only human waste allowed. We are long time
boaters so no training necessary.

That way it doesn't matter WHAT brand you use or how much.
Take the bag to the campground dumpster during your after supper walkabout.

Happy Trails!
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:29 PM   #16
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbidlack View Post
I've watched the video in which the Charmin Ultra performed very well. That is our "paper of choice" at home, and I'm wondering if you experts truly believe it would be OK to use in my travel trailer? I don't want to mess things up, but that would be a nice quality of life improvement.
It's perfectly fine. We use Cottonelle during our testing and it performed the worst. I've never had an issue with my family using it (an extra 6 people who aren't RVers and I had an issue- but I can't blame the TP for that).

Just don't skimp on water.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
It's perfectly fine. We use Cottonelle during our testing and it performed the worst. I've never had an issue with my family using it (an extra 6 people who aren't RVers and I had an issue- but I can't blame the TP for that).

Just don't skimp on water.
X2 - you can use whatever TP you like (We use Charmin) the key is lots and lots of water. I also use this home brew to treat both my black & Gray tanks:

Equal Parts:

· Water
· SuperClean (You can get it on amazon.com)
· Liquid Calgon
· Pinesol
I usually mix up a couple of gallons at a time and this is usually good for a whole camping season. After every dump, I put 6OZ in my black tank & 4OZ in each of my gray tanks. Then add a gallon or so of water to each tank to get things started J
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:19 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbidlack View Post
Just back from our very first trip in our new Coachmen Clipper, and this morning I did my first dumping of the black and gray tanks, before storing the unit till our next trip. It actually went very smoothly. And after I re-filled the black water tank two thirds full again, and dumped that, the water ran out clean with no debris. Then, the grey tank,mans that went well. So, hopefully, I did things correctly.

I did notice that the RV two-ply paper we purchased from camping world, was not, how shall I put this, as "comfortable" as other options.

Once again, thanks so much for answering the many questions of this pure rookie. This forum has been tremendously helpful :-)

Excellent

We have been putting regular toilet paper in our black tanks on 4 trailers over 30 years never been an issue. Never bought RV toilet paper. Would never think of putting any type of toilet paper anywhere else.....

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:14 AM   #19

Have used Charmin for years and never problem. Lots of water and dump when full. We would never use a separate container for the toilet paper.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:18 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Excellent

We have been putting regular toilet paper in our black tanks on 4 trailers over 30 years never been an issue. Never bought RV toilet paper. Would never think of putting any type of toilet paper anywhere else.....

X2 In fact....
Attached Images

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote