Old 04-03-2016, 03:04 PM   #11

I am new to a unit with a black and grey tank so this could be a dumb question. I watched a few youtube videos on how to drain the tanks and the ones I watched said not to drain the tanks until they are about 3/4 full. I am guessing that would take two to three days to fill them to that point. The order is to drain the black tank, fill and drain again and then drain grey tank. If that is the way to do it do you even need to set up the hoses until the 3rd day? Do you just leave them up at that point? Or do you guys set it all up on arrival and just wait until the tanks are ready to drain?

Old 04-03-2016, 03:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock04 View Post
I am new to a unit with a black and grey tank so this could be a dumb question. I watched a few youtube videos on how to drain the tanks and the ones I watched said not to drain the tanks until they are about 3/4 full. I am guessing that would take two to three days to fill them to that point. The order is to drain the black tank, fill and drain again and then drain grey tank. If that is the way to do it do you even need to set up the hoses until the 3rd day? Do you just leave them up at that point? Or do you guys set it all up on arrival and just wait until the tanks are ready to drain?
I set it all up when I get there. Less to hassle with later while I'm having fun.

Bruce

Old 04-03-2016, 03:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock04 View Post
If I know I'm going to dump I do it when I get where I'm going, I dump black, flush black, then grey and galley. I usually leave a few gallons of water in the black tank after flushing it.

Nights camped in 2015 40
Nights camped in 2016 39
nights camped in 2017 38
Crusadernoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 03:15 PM   #14

Yes, dump when closer to full, it will give time to break down solid's , and empty better.

Nights camped in 2015 40
Nights camped in 2016 39
nights camped in 2017 38
Crusadernoob is offline   Reply With Quote