Old 04-01-2016, 01:15 PM   #1

sewer hose supports

I have a 2015 Shamrock 19fd. I recently camped at a full hook up site and noticed people using some sort of ramp or blocks to supports their sewer hoses. My first question is , 1) is this necessary? I did not have any problems with drainage. 2) has anyone modified one out of household gutter which holds the hose, and if so do you have a picture. Thanks I am new to this camping thing and this was only my fourth trip with the camper. My wife and I are loving the freedom it gives us, and I do not want to screw something up or be banned from a camp site because of some type of etiquette I do not know about.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:35 PM   #2

I use this.
RV Sewer Hose Support System
You don't NEED anything but a rock to make it drain. Can't fight gravity!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 01:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkc19922 View Post
I have a 2015 Shamrock 19fd. I recently camped at a full hook up site and noticed people using some sort of ramp or blocks to supports their sewer hoses. My first question is , 1) is this necessary? I did not have any problems with drainage. 2) has anyone modified one out of household gutter which holds the hose, and if so do you have a picture. Thanks I am new to this camping thing and this was only my fourth trip with the camper. My wife and I are loving the freedom it gives us, and I do not want to screw something up or be banned from a camp site because of some type of etiquette I do not know about.
Yes,just go to HD and buy 2 10' sections of 5" Vinyl gutter $ 3.98@! Cut it at 4' now all 4Pcs. slide together into a 6' package! Buy a few "Ball Bungees" while at HD package of 25 for $9.00 you will wrap these around the Hose and Gutter! Very little cribbage will be needed for Good Poo Poo Flow! Just trying to Fight a "Stinky Slinkey" 1 time will make a believer out of "Hose Support"! Youroo!!
Old 04-01-2016, 01:59 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
In many campgrounds/municipalities, sewer hoses are not allowed to lay on the ground and must be supported in some fashion.

There are many ways to raise/support the sewer hose. I chose the plastic gutter you asked about, and use it most of the time.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:16 PM   #5
Gold Miner At Heart

I use one of these from camping world. Mainly because you might not always have a straight line to the sewer dump. I think a 20' slinky support is about $38. You might get one cheaper on eBay.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:19 PM   #6

Thank you all very much for the quick replies. I guess I am going to HD this weekend.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:32 PM   #7

I use the slinky...having the ability to adjust length, angles, etc. has been helpful; especially in campgrounds where the sewer connection isn't the best location. It takes now space when in storage.
2010 Expedition EL Limited 3:73 with Air Suspension
Roocrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:24 AM   #8

I made up a lot of 1/2" pvc supports. Kinda formed it up as a couple of "h" stands that are all lued together except for the 2 pieces that hold the bottom stand part and the top u shaped to support. Cut 2 of the 1/2" uprights in pairs of 2/4/5/6/7/8". That way I can level out for a good slope. Drop in some plastic rain gutter and all is well.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Yes,just go to HD and buy 2 10' sections of 5" Vinyl gutter $ 3.98@! Cut it at 4' now all 4Pcs. slide together into a 6' package! Buy a few "Ball Bungees" while at HD package of 25 for $9.00 you will wrap these around the Hose and Gutter! Very little cribbage will be needed for Good Poo Poo Flow! Just trying to Fight a "Stinky Slinkey" 1 time will make a believer out of "Hose Support"! Youroo!!
x's 2 but I used 4" gutter, I only used 4" because it is easier to store in my 5" fence post to carry it and the sewer hose I just leave the sewer hose in the gutter and store it. ......
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:36 AM   #10
Fulltime family RVer

No, they're not necessary. I've camped at many different places for hundreds of nights and only 1-time did I come across a requirement for them. In that case, I rigged up some gutter like mentioned above. Haven't used it since (and another 100+ nights at many different parks (20-30).