Old 06-16-2014, 08:31 PM   #11
I got the X-Chauks (a metal chauk that you expand to fit between your tires. They really help on the front to back movement. We have 4 kids who walk like elephants or run. I plan to get the strong arm stabilizers next to help with the side to side movement.

Roo 233S
Days Camped 2014 6 nights
Mcclan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:27 AM   #12
I have noticed a slight difference on my 2013 233s by waiting until the side bed is out and the slide extended, before setting the stabilizers. That's quite a bit of weight hanging off one side of the trailer.

Mark, Jenny, Adam & Lucy
2013 Rockwood Roo 233S
2015.5 Silverado 2500HD CCSB with Duramax/Allison
BeagleIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:27 AM   #13
I will give that a try next time took a good look at how they mounted the jacks they welded a plate off of one side of the i beam frame not much support it just flexes like a diving board .

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2014 roo 233S. 2008 saab 97x
dado39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:44 PM   #14
I was very surprised that my new 21DK needs nothing other than the standard scissors jacks. I was anticipating buying an additional stabilizer but it seems to be not necessary. As others do, I level it side-to-side, then front-to-back, after which I lower the stabilizers. I give them a quarter turn or so extra to snug them up but don't apply excessive pressure so as to avoid bending the frame.

I was expecting more movement but with my wife and myself in the trailer we experience little shaking. Perhaps the fact the rear door is right over the rear stabilizer contributes to the stability? But I don't feel movement when in other parts of the trailer, either.
Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL
- 2014 Shamrock 21DK
- 2005 Dodge Durango Hemi Limited 4x2
chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #15
Originally Posted by dado39 View Post
I have a new 2014 233s the standard scissor jacks are useless I use chocks between the tires I have even added 4 camco screw jacks in front and behind the axles it helped some but this camper moves more than my boat did getting sea sick in the camper sucks any ideas ,

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forest River Forums mobile app
I would highly recommend BAL lock arm stabilizers and BAL x-chokes. I installed 7 lock arm stabilizers (sewer in the way of 8th). I also you use a screw jack under the stairs. I use all three and there is very little movement. It would be impossible to eliminate 100% of the movement because the beds hang outside the frame. I would say I have been able to eliminate 90-95% of the movement using the three systems together.

Rick, Angie & MAJ
2014 Nissan Pathfinder
2014 Rockwood Roo 183
zoomer32ca is offline   Reply With Quote