Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2019, 01:34 PM   #1

Shamrock

I have a question. We purchased a new 2014 Shamrock by Forest River.
I don't see many posts about Shamrocks, lots of questions about the Roo.
Are there not as many owners of a Shamrock and why did you choose the Roo over the Shamrock? Just curious.....
lburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:38 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lburke View Post
I have a question. We purchased a new 2014 Shamrock by Forest River.
I don't see many posts about Shamrocks, lots of questions about the Roo.
Are there not as many owners of a Shamrock and why did you choose the Roo over the Shamrock? Just curious.....
As far as I can tell, they are the exact same camper. I think the name has more to do with who the licensed dealer is that's selling it. ie. Camping World looks like they have Roo, and Campers Inn has Shamrock.
Griff02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:58 PM   #3

Roos and Shamrocks are the same camper, from the same assembly line. If there is a Roo dealer in a town, then the next closest dealer can only sell the Shamrock line. More Roo outlets them Shamrocks, but they are the same other then maybe color schemes. I choose my Shamrock because the model I wanted (183) the closest Roo dealer was 250 miles that had one in stock so I could actually look at it before buying. Found the Shamrock in stock only 100 miles away.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #4
Site Team

Yep, same exact trailer except for outside graphics and interior decor. Built in the same factory, on the same assembly line.
Way more Roo dealers than Shamrock dealers, just as there are more Rockwood dealers than Flagstaff dealers.
Twin brands are very common in the RV world as numerous manufacturers have them, including Winnebago and Thor.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #5

Welcome to the Shamrock family. We really like ours. Agree that there seem to be more Roo dealers, so more people seem to have them. When I found the floor plan I wanted, both the Roo dealer and the Shamrock dealers had them on their lots. I ended up in the Shamrock due to the much better deal. Would have been just as happy with the Roo (and the Roo dealer did not have the color scheme I wanted on the lot either).
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:17 AM   #6

I bought my roo because the dealer in Niles Ohio had what we liked in stock where as the dealer in Streetsboro Ohio that sells the shamrock did not have what we liked in stock and did not seemed like he was interested in ordering one
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:49 AM   #7

Yup, same camper but sold at different dealerships. Our only Roo dealer here in town is a Camping World. They don't carry the Shamrock. The nearest Shamrock dealer to me is RVDirect in Des Moines Iowa, about 90 minutes away. RVDirect also carries the Roo, but not at the Iowa Location. I was told when ordering that they carry Roo's at their Buffalo, NY dealership but the NY dealership doesn't carry Shamrocks. If I wanted a Roo from them, Id have to drive to Buffalo to pick it up.

My wife was originally sold on the Roo because she liked the interior color choices better. We opted for the Shamrock because I really didn't want to give Camping World my business. The fact that they were 4k higher may have had something to do with that too. Overall, we're pretty happy with our Shamrock.
Finster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shamrock