Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #1

Shamrock 21SS Ricking problem.

I own a 2013 Shamrock 21SS. Love the unit but have a huge issue-it rocks like a boat on the ocean!! Unit is leveled, legs are down on level blocks and it still rocks! Was told to purchase stabilizers at the extra cost of $400! For what I paid for this unit I shouldn't have to put out extra $$ for no rocking. It looks like a design flaw in the way the stabilizer legs are attached to the chassis. They are only attached on C channel and when the legs are down this flexes causing the unit to rock. Any ideas on how to stop the rocking?
kaczster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #2

Try these...they will help you a ton! Amazon.com: BAL 28012 X-Chock Tire Locking Chock: Automotive
Camped Every weekend in July :=)
kfree1711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #3

Already have them but thanks!
kaczster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:01 PM   #4

I watched a guy on youtube rig up slide out stabilizers. He said his rv rocked even with his four stabilizer down, but with the slide stabilized, no rocking. Ours has a little movement, not too bad, but even so, I bought these today at camping world.
Slide-Out Stabilizers 26" to 47"H, Set of 2 - Ultra-Fab 19-960003 - Stabilizing Jacks - Camping World
tnlvsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnlvsn View Post
I watched a guy on youtube rig up slide out stabilizers. He said his rv rocked even with his four stabilizer down, but with the slide stabilized, no rocking. Ours has a little movement, not too bad, but even so, I bought these today at camping world.
Slide-Out Stabilizers 26" to 47"H, Set of 2 - Ultra-Fab 19-960003 - Stabilizing Jacks - Camping World

You'll likely find in your owners manual that it recommends specifically agains these slideout supports.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #6
DW's 401(k) Plan

The more solid you make your frame so the trailer doesn't bounce on your tires/axles, the more solid your trailer will be.

Try a Valterra Stabilizer and also try something under your steps. Or, simple scissor jacks at the axles will also help. The x-chocks help the front to back motion, but you need something to shore up the total frame.

Just remember, the OEM "stabilizing" jacks mounted on your trailer only stabilize to a point. Many of us have taken other steps to firm up our trailers even more.

Larry

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #7
Mod free 5er

Strong Arm type stabilizers will help. Either buy or build your own.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnlvsn View Post
every RV manufacturer i know of, for at least the past 7 years, say NOT to use such devices on the slideouts.
if you use them and they cause problems, you'll void the warranty.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #9

Actually, after I read your post, I checked my manual and all of the other materials we got with our trailer and the subject of supporting a slide isn't mentioned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forest River Forums mobile app
tnlvsn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shamrock