Old 02-28-2016, 08:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainframe View Post
Micamper6 you are gonna notice a BIG difference from towing a hybrid vs a pop up, that said I don't think you will have any problems, It just takes some getting used to. The first thing you notice is you can't see over it LOL, my Kodiak was 17 feet so it was a great starter Hybrid to get my feet wet in towing them.
Actually I really couldn't see over my PUP while towing either as it is a high wall with air conditioning, and technically the 'Roo won't be the 'biggest' thing I have towed either, although not over the road. I am a heavy equipment mechanic, and have 'towed' broken down equipment weighing over 125 TON!!

Seriously, I do feel much better with the prospects of towing with the new 3.5 Ecoboost F 150 vs. the Expedition as I have much greater margin and will be using a wdh with anti sway for the first time. I am very glad to hear you say it towed very well for you though.

Enjoy!!

Old 02-28-2016, 10:43 PM   #12

Congrats. Glad you like your new rig.

flymhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:10 PM   #13

Congrats and welcome to the club! At first I wasn't so sure about the new model but the more I see of it the more I like it. I am glad to hear your initial impressions are entirely positive and sounds like you are on your way with some great mods. I am almost starting to lean towards this over the IKSS if I ever upsize my DK but it would be a tough call. Right now I like the features I have but I am finding we are ending up with more and more people hanging out at the camp site and I can see the advantages of additional seating.

Keep us updated as you spend more time with it!
Old 02-29-2016, 08:13 PM   #14

Wired in the Apple TV yesterday, mounted with velcro inside the TV box, it is leaning inside the edge and you can't see it when the tv is "parked" ! I will post a pic, I use my phone to run it after I set it up on a wireless network, the remote for it runs it even while the tv is parked!

I also found this on Amazon, I am going to get one and try it, sure beats $468 bucks for the Furion, anyone know anything about this?

http://www.amazon.com/ATian-Wireless...op?ie=UTF8#Ask
Old 02-29-2016, 08:22 PM   #15

I am not following on your apple install...can you give a pic?
Old 02-29-2016, 09:06 PM   #16

I would give anything to have #7 in my Roo 21ss. It' basically the only thing I don't like about it. Probably my favourite feature is the ducted A/C.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:20 PM   #17

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1456798536.701937.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	100784Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1456798554.652884.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	100785

Ok, look slightly to the left and up from the red light, you can just see a tiny bit of the A/tv unit, now when I swing the tv out a little you can see how it is mounted, since there is a slight gap around the tv, the infrared remote works, but I use the app on my iPhone so I just have to be near it, you can run it from the back room with the phone, (i know why would you but it would work, the app must not be infrared)
Old 02-29-2016, 09:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomsonr View Post
I would give anything to have #7 in my Roo 21ss. It' basically the only thing I don't like about it. Probably my favourite feature is the ducted A/C.

Maybe a stuipid question? What is the #7 that you are referring to?
Old 02-29-2016, 10:04 PM   #19

Hey MiCamper6: See the top of the thread #7. One switch controls all the lights. In my 2010 Roo 21SS you have to turn all the lights on individually. It drives me nuts. In my old Starcraft 17RB had the same, one light switch at the door.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomsonr View Post
Hey MiCamper6: See the top of the thread #7. One switch controls all the lights. In my 2010 Roo 21SS you have to turn all the lights on individually. It drives me nuts. In my old Starcraft 17RB had the same, one light switch at the door.
Oh, I see. Thanks. I looked at the 7th post and it doesn't refer to the control center and the lights. One concern I have in my soon to be delivered 233S is precisely that one flick of a light switch on the control center will turn a whole bunch of very bright LED lights while coming in from the dark! The best I can determine my lights don't have switches on the individual lights to be able to turn off individual lights.

Tags
shamrock, modifications