Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2016, 05:08 AM   #21

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiCamper6 View Post
Oh, I see. Thanks. I looked at the 7th post and it doesn't refer to the control center and the lights. One concern I have in my soon to be delivered 233S is precisely that one flick of a light switch on the control center will turn a whole bunch of very bright LED lights while coming in from the dark! The best I can determine my lights don't have switches on the individual lights to be able to turn off individual lights.
Yes that was our concern, we live in the country and the camper is parked right behind the house, (it is very dark back there at night) we had individual switches on each light in the Kodiak, it was fine for the smaller camper,

I saw the demo of the 23ws online and was concerned about all the lights coming on at once when I step in the door, but my post is that "surprisingly" we like them all coming on at once, it would be too much running around and turning a bunch of lights on all the time trying to see what is going on in such a big area.

Once you get settled in you can turn on the reading lights over the sofa and turn on the stove light (and turn off the 6 main LED lights) and there is even one light overhead back by the 2 doors that looks like the others but has a switch in the center "quite clever" you can turn on also to give it that lower light feel.Yes the switch is right at the control center, I am stunned how much I like this set up.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:00 AM   #22

Nice work on the Apple TV....looks great. I hope my favorite stomping ground adds wifi one of these days so I can work from the campground. That is a nice looking entertainment center...certainly better than my dk, though I do like the big shelf I have for a dish receiver.

I believe my master switch turns on 1 or 2 lights but I never use it because I always hit the slide or awning switch on accident. Do you still have the option to turn some of them off manually so you can configure how many come on with the switch? I know even my switched lights still have the individual control.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainframe View Post
Yes that was our concern, we live in the country and the camper is parked right behind the house, (it is very dark back there at night) we had individual switches on each light in the Kodiak, it was fine for the smaller camper,

I saw the demo of the 23ws online and was concerned about all the lights coming on at once when I step in the door, but my post is that "surprisingly" we like them all coming on at once, it would be too much running around and turning a bunch of lights on all the time trying to see what is going on in such a big area.

Once you get settled in you can turn on the reading lights over the sofa and turn on the stove light (and turn off the 6 main LED lights) and there is even one light overhead back by the 2 doors that looks like the others but has a switch in the center "quite clever" you can turn on also to give it that lower light feel.Yes the switch is right at the control center, I am stunned how much I like this set up.

I am very gratified to hear how impessed you are with the camper in general and the lighting in particular! Makes me want to go right out and pick mine up
MiCamper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:30 AM   #24

No, the lights can't be turned off individually, it is kinda the main point i am trying to get across, my surprise in how much I like them that way.

I must say I really like how this thing is put together more and more, I can't wait to go camping! We have 2 big trips planned so all I need is good weather!
Old 03-01-2016, 10:49 AM   #25

Quote:
Attachment 100784Attachment 100785

Ok, look slightly to the left and up from the red light, you can just see a tiny bit of the A/tv unit, now when I swing the tv out a little you can see how it is mounted, since there is a slight gap around the tv, the infrared remote works, but I use the app on my iPhone so I just have to be near it, you can run it from the back room with the phone, (i know why would you but it would work, the app must not be infrared)

Nice I have the 2015 23ikss and I store my ATV on the back of the TV with Velcro, works well did not want to mount it. I also have ATT service and have the entire Roo with WiFi Wireless service so we don't have to bother with our phones. We use main TV in living room and I have a second TV in the cubby of the back bunk 24", for guests.

I plan on installing a Progressive 30amp Protector, and thinking of mounting a Dirt Devil or Dometic Central Vac in one of the Front cabinets so I don't have to carry a vacuum as they also draw a lot of amps.

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-01-2016, 04:14 PM   #26

Quote:
No, the lights can't be turned off individually, it is kinda the main point i am trying to get across, my surprise in how much I like them that way.

I must say I really like how this thing is put together more and more, I can't wait to go camping! We have 2 big trips planned so all I need is good weather!
I too have a 2016 Roo 23ws, but all the lights on mine have individual switches beside the main one.
I think at some point in the production year, Rockwood changed a few things.
I also read that some 23ws have an AC duct in the rear bedroom. Mine is outside the bedroom about 6 inches from the door. I can still turn the duct and point it through the opening at the top of the door.....
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 04:32 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenjoey View Post
I too have a 2016 Roo 23ws, but all the lights on mine have individual switches beside the main one.
I think at some point in the production year, Rockwood changed a few things.
I also read that some 23ws have an AC duct in the rear bedroom. Mine is outside the bedroom about 6 inches from the door. I can still turn the duct and point it through the opening at the top of the door.....
It is very interesting tracking some of the changes Rockwood made to their models mid year. There are marked differences between early 2016 233S's versus ours, for example, and we could have saved a few bucks buying an earlier model. However my wife in particular liked the extra storage and the linen closet and enclosed shower in the bathroom in the later models in particular, so that is what we decided to buy.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:33 PM   #28

Yes, I have the a/c duct on mine
Old 03-01-2016, 05:28 PM   #29

Drenjoet: there are threads on this forum about people adding the A/C vent you are lacking. Sounds very easy to do.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:32 PM   #30

Quote:
Drenjoet: there are threads on this forum about people adding the A/C vent you are lacking. Sounds very easy to do.
Here in Maine, the AC is not used too often ..... I know it would be an easy mod, but not a priority. Besides since the duct is next to the door, it will work just fine !
Old 03-01-2016, 07:49 PM   #31

Yes, I agree, I don't use the air much and when you do run it with all of those ducts it will be fine in there.

On my Kodiak I had a tab on the fridge to keep it open a little I think the fridge was a Norge, this one the tabs are different, on looking at them I couldn't figure them out, Now I see how they work LOL, I like to keep the fridge propped open a little after I shut it off after each trip. You folks use the props on yours?
Old 03-02-2016, 08:56 AM   #32

Quote:

can you add a dimmer switch to those lights?
Hemlock04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:55 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock04 View Post
can you add a dimmer switch to those lights?

That is a good question, I think it would be possible but I see no need, I may put a small lamp on one of the shelf things by the sofa, I think it would be cool.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:50 AM   #34

It seems odd to take away the individual switches. I am not saying it isn't perfectly fine...seems like it is. Individual switches give you complete customization on how many come on from the master switch and that is a pretty useful feature in my experience.

Does your bathroom have the switch on the light and on the wall and does it control the fantastic fan as well?
Old 03-03-2016, 02:24 PM   #35

Quote:
It is very interesting tracking some of the changes Rockwood made to their models mid year. There are marked differences between early 2016 233S's versus ours, for example, and we could have saved a few bucks buying an earlier model. However my wife in particular liked the extra storage and the linen closet and enclosed shower in the bathroom in the later models in particular, so that is what we decided to buy.

I have a 2015 which I bought last April it is the older style 23ikss, glad I bought when I did, not fond of the new one, but if I had to buy again I would either get 21BD or 23WS current models, but I am good with mine.

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 03-03-2016, 02:40 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I have a 2015 which I bought last April it is the older style 23ikss, glad I bought when I did, not fond of the new one, but if I had to buy again I would either get 21BD or 23WS current models, but I am good with mine.

2015 Roo 23IKSS

It really is subjective. I could have bought the old layout for the 23IKSS as there are plenty out there but my wife insisted on the new. A local dealer had the 23WS and we were excited to go see it. I don't think we were in there 3 minutes and the kids were slamming the backroom door and bathroom door off each other. That set up for 8,12 and 14 year olds is an accident in the making from where my wife and I were sitting. I think it would be great for adults and older kids.
Hemlock04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:24 PM   #37

Quote:
It really is subjective. I could have bought the old layout for the 23IKSS as there are plenty out there but my wife insisted on the new. A local dealer had the 23WS and we were excited to go see it. I don't think we were in there 3 minutes and the kids were slamming the backroom door and bathroom door off each other. That set up for 8,12 and 14 year olds is an accident in the making from where my wife and I were sitting. I think it would be great for adults and older kids.

For us we are two 46&48 year old adults with one medium dog and all 4 boys are 19-24 of which none camp with us so the Roo is a good layout for us however the big complaint by future Wife and guests is the shower.

I was going to an F350 to get a 5er but we decided to get a slightly bigger travel trailer like a Rockwood or some other brand with glass shower doors, but for now we will survive in the Roo....lol

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 03-03-2016, 04:27 PM   #38

Quote:
And that's one of the reasons we bought the 23ws......There's just my wife and I !!

Dre
Old 03-03-2016, 09:26 PM   #39

RooVader, the switch on the wall in the bathroom is the only way you can turn on the light, there is no switch on the light itself, the Maxair vent has it's own switches, those fans are nice, mine has 2 fans and 2 covers, they look cool, I was looking at my roof today with the boom truck, all looks well up there, it is way neater than my Kodiak, like not even in the same ballpark, anyway I love the Maxair vents they really move some air.

Also, I can think of so many times the rear private bedroom will come in handy, the early morning, all the bathing suite changes for us and the kid, if someone is tired and wants to nap or is not feeling well, dressing after your shower, def will be nice, you seem to get used to managing the doors, I am in mine a lot now and don't have trouble with it, I really would have been ok with any Roo, 19 and up (almost bought a 19 last mid-summer) But I was wanting lots of counter space, not having to climb over the table to get out of bed, and a sofa LOL so I got that and a whole lot more! Wow these campers are well thought out! LOL can't wait to get out in it, I have been super busy at my business so I don't have my hitch on yet, I will post pics when I get it done.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:07 PM   #40

Very cool. My max air in the bathroom runs on the same switch as the light. Kinda silly but no huge deal.

I was looking at some photos and I didn't realize your entertainment center was similar to the dk, at least I think it was. Does it seem like a good location relative to the seating?

Tags
shamrock, modifications