Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #1

Shower Faucet Problem

Forgive me if I use incorrect terminology, I have no idea what I'm doing here LOL. I have a 2011 Shamrock 233S that is currently out at my deer lease. Last weekend I took my son and a buddy of his out there. While my son's buddy was using the shower, he managed to completely remove one of the faucet controls, including the internal valve with the handle still attached. I'm guessing since one turns clockwise and the other counter-clockwise he thought he was turning it the right way.

I shut off the pump and found the grommet that goes on the inside of the valve housing. I inspected everything and by looking at the other valve it looks like it was all intact. I put it back together and now the valve will not fully shut off. When turned "off" water still comes through. I tried turning the valve 180 degrees. There are small slots on the sides of the valve housing where the valve lines up. Same thing.

There is a panel around the faucet held on by four screws. I tried removing them so I could take the whole assembly out to bring home, but when I tried to pull the assembly out there wasn't much wiggle room. Only an inch or so and I didn't want to break anything so I put it back together.

Any idea what could be wrong with the valve?

Should that whole assembly come out a way from the wall so I can get to the connections? If not how do I remove it?

Assuming I can get to the connection behind the faucet, is my best be just to spend $20 on a new faucet control? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks,
Larry
LarryCopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #2

I talked to a local service department about this and he explained that once the guts come out of the valve it's almost impossible to get back together. My best bet is to buy a $20 replacement so that's what I'll do.

He also said that the access panel around the faucet should come out a few inches. Just enough to unscrew the connection lines.

So... would this work as a replacement?
DF-SA100S-WT - White RV Shower Faucet Valve Diverter - Smoked Acrylic Knobs - For: Recreational Vehicle, Motorhome, Travel Trailer, Camper, Fifth (5th) Wheel, Towable : Amazon.com : Automotive
Old 10-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryCopper View Post
I talked to a local service department about this and he explained that once the guts come out of the valve it's almost impossible to get back together. My best bet is to buy a $20 replacement so that's what I'll do.

He also said that the access panel around the faucet should come out a few inches. Just enough to unscrew the connection lines.

DF-SA100S-WT - White RV Shower Faucet Valve Diverter - Smoked Acrylic Knobs - For: Recreational Vehicle, Motorhome, Travel Trailer, Camper, Fifth (5th) Wheel, Towable : Amazon.com : Automotive

That is OEM in my camper. All my faucets are that unit.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryCopper View Post

Larry,when you replace the shower controls,point the threaded hose output pipe in the Down position.This will allow it to drain properly for winter,also the hot & cold valves will now turn (Properly) like in your home. Your boys buddy made the same mistake many other RVers make ,on direction to turn the Knobs! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #5

Pic for above. Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4146.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	41536  
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #6

Good to hear! Good idea on turning it upside down so to speak.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this up.

Appreciate ya...
Larry
Old 03-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #7

What is the purpose of turning the threads down? Does it increase flow/pressure?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forest River Forums mobile app
rsibarra2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsibarra2010 View Post
What is the purpose of turning the threads down? Does it increase flow/pressure?
This...
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Larry,when you replace the shower controls,point the threaded hose output pipe in the Down position.This will allow it to drain properly for winter,also the hot & cold valves will now turn (Properly) like in your home.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #9

Want to come do mine? :-D. This is next on my list, when it's turned off, I get a trickle of water running though.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
expandable, faucet, hybrid, shamrock, show, shower