Old 03-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #1

Slide Out

Hi guys, first post here other than in the "Welcome Mat"
We just bought our first Roo 23ikss. We pick it up sometime next week from camping world. I had a few questions that the salesman could not answer, but was assured the techs in back could when i get the walk around. But its sunday and im doing all my research on what i need to have and where to go.

#1. My biggest question is about the slide out, We have the 2 slide outs on the roo. If the motors were to ever go bad, is there a way to suck the slide outs in so i can travel down the road?

#2. Being a new camper, do we still need A pressure regulator on the Roo? was wondering if there was built in or not.

#3. I have read that folks on this forum was putting pipe insulation on the kitchen slide out because of it being close to the awning. Is this really needed or did we figure out its not needed?

#4. Looking for a list on what i actually need. Included in my deal was hoses, lp tanks filled, and battery. (Im sure the battery came with it already) but little things like the 30 amp converter so i can plug into my house when its home, stuff like that.

Thanks everyone,
Nick

Old 03-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #2

#1. Yes you should find a tool in the trailer someplace to use on the slides.

#2. for the water?
If so the they are suggested strongly.

#3. Best way to tell is take a slow hard look at what you have.

#4. Tons of stuff you need.
I got the little plug with my trailer.

http://www.americanrvcompany.com/Mig...V-Adapter-Plug

Old 03-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes it was for the water. I will pick one up. Thanks for the link.
Nick.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #4

Also bring PDI check sheet attached.....

Forest River Forums - Downloads - PDI Checklist
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
Also bring PDI check sheet attached.....

Forest River Forums - Downloads - PDI Checklist
Wow thank you, didn't realize that this forum had this documentation. This will be perfect when we pick it up.

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2014, 02:24 PM   #6

Also do not let the dealer rush you through the pdi take your time ask question and take notes or record the pdi
Old 03-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #7
Moderators' Assistant

Cummins, there's also a Hybrid-specfic PDI list here that Triguy created.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CumminsTurbo22 View Post
We just bought our first Roo 23ikss. We pick it up sometime next week from camping world. I had a few questions that the salesman could not answer, but was assured the techs in back could when i get the walk around. But its sunday and im doing all my research on what i need to have and where to go. The techs will certainly know more than the typical salesman about how everything operates...

#1. My biggest question is about the slide out, We have the 2 slide outs on the roo. If the motors were to ever go bad, is there a way to suck the slide outs in so i can travel down the road? For the living room slide, there is a crank handle to manually run it in from the curb side. Also, might want to carry a spare a fuse for the motor. For the kitchen slide, there is a procedure to manually move that as well. I think you disconnect the drive and push it in. I can't recall, and my manuals are closed up in the covered camper.

#2. Being a new camper, do we still need A pressure regulator on the Roo? was wondering if there was built in or not. There is no built in water pressure regulator, so you might want one.

#3. I have read that folks on this forum was putting pipe insulation on the kitchen slide out because of it being close to the awning. Is this really needed or did we figure out its not needed? My opinion -this isn't needed. Its hard to reach, and even when I have lowered one end of the awning to get a good pitch, the canvas touches the slide, but there are no sharp corners. The awing rests on the flange of the slide, but doesn't rub or flap. We've had no issues, so I figure I'm more likely to forget to take the pipe insulation off before closing the slide than I am to have a problem with it touching.

#4. Looking for a list on what i actually need. Included in my deal was hoses, lp tanks filled, and battery. (Im sure the battery came with it already) but little things like the 30 amp converter so i can plug into my house when its home, stuff like that. You need wheel chocks to make sure it doesn't roll when un-hooking. Beyond that - there is tons of "stuff" but its all just what you want. The starter hose set probably will be cheap and short, so you may want to upgrade those. For us, its the grill, patio mat, and portable waste water tank we would call "needs."

Thanks everyone,
Nick
Congrats on the new IKSS

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CumminsTurbo22 View Post
We just bought our first Roo 23ikss. We pick it up sometime next week from camping world. I had a few questions that the salesman could not answer, but was assured the techs in back could when i get the walk around. But its sunday and im doing all my research on what i need to have and where to go.

#1. My biggest question is about the slide out, We have the 2 slide outs on the roo. If the motors were to ever go bad, is there a way to suck the slide outs in so i can travel down the road?

#2. Being a new camper, do we still need A pressure regulator on the Roo? was wondering if there was built in or not.

#3. I have read that folks on this forum was putting pipe insulation on the kitchen slide out because of it being close to the awning. Is this really needed or did we figure out its not needed?

#4. Looking for a list on what i actually need. Included in my deal was hoses, lp tanks filled, and battery. (Im sure the battery came with it already) but little things like the 30 amp converter so i can plug into my house when its home, stuff like that.

Thanks everyone,
Nick
I have a 2014 23ikss that we have taken out 4 times. You'll love it...but to answer your questions:

1) yes there is a tool

2) yes and they might provide it for you, if not they aren't cheap (would also recommend a "y" connector for thr water so that you can still use thr water faucet at the campsite

3) I have not put one on yet but haven't used the awning just a ton. It does rest on top and I am highly considering it

4) the "y" connector, chemicals for black water and water wand, leveling blocks, locks for coupler, chocks, a better sewer hose (the one they give you will usually be cheap), toilet paper (your choice I won't get into that debate), pop up gizmos (bed end covers that keep heat in during winter and hot out during summer), tow mirrors, break controller

Thats all I can think of for now...enjoy it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forest River Forums mobile app
DD (3 year)
DS (6 months)
ficksters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #10

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm writing this all down as we go.

Tags
slide, slide out