Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2015, 09:05 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Massachusetts +
Posts: 21
leaking under slide

Hi, we have a 2015 23ikss Rockwood Roo with the same problem. We pulled it in the rain last month. When we walked in we found water running from under the dinette and the rug was soaked. Friends traveling with us, who also have tbe same camper, had the same thing happen. Both campers are now at the dealers being repaired. We had a few other things to rrepair. The bathroom door would not latch all the time. They told us they fixed the frame on the door, it was bent. A little concerning because we only camped 5 times so far and it's only my husband and me. Also had some stripped screws tthroughout the camper. Other than that we love it. We tow with a 2008 GMC Sierra and it does not toe well. We have WD and we are now going to add a sway bar. Hope it helps we are not in the market for a new truck just yet.
__________________

__________________
KB
rollingroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:16 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
DAISY BOYKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SUNSHINE STATE
Posts: 1,623
Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Same problem

I had the same problem on my Rockwood fifth wheel. Carpet was getting wet when driving in the rain. At the rally last year the factory techs replaced the long strip of rubber that runs along the bottom that closes the gap when the bump-out is closed. The new piece was much wider by at least 1 1/2" than the one removed. The techs also replaced the curved piece of rubber just above the tire. It is at the front of the bump-out where the tire would throw water up into the opening. The fix did the trick!
__________________

__________________
Sid, Lois & HRH MISSY Terrible 2s SHIH TZU
2011 ROCKWOOD 8285 WS
2014 F-250 KING RANCH PS/SD/6R140/BFT
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:16 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Massachusetts +
Posts: 21
leaking under slide

Sorry. .that's tow not toe. Tried to edit but it didn't work.
__________________
KB
rollingroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:35 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Massachusetts +
Posts: 21
That's good to hear that the fix worked. We are getting it back next week. They are putting a wider and stiffer piece on. Hope that fixes it for ours too.
__________________
KB
rollingroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:03 PM   #15
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingroo View Post
We tow with a 2008 GMC Sierra and it does not toe well. We have WD and we are now going to add a sway bar. Hope it helps we are not in the market for a new truck just yet.
Not sure why you you would have Weight Distribution WITHOUT a sway bar.

Doesn't make sense.
That's backwards.

A 5.3 v-8 GMC with the factory tow package should have no problems towing the 23IKSS, as long as it has a good WDH with sway control.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 03:24 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Massachusetts +
Posts: 21
Hi Bikendan, We wanted the sway bars but the dealer talked us out of them. Friends of ours have a Chevy Silverado without sway, same camper, and it pulls like a charm. We are hoping with the sway on it pulls better. We have a 3hr plus ride coming up at the end of August.
__________________
KB
rollingroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:14 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingroo View Post
Hi, we have a 2015 23ikss Rockwood Roo with the same problem. We pulled it in the rain last month. When we walked in we found water running from under the dinette and the rug was soaked. Friends traveling with us, who also have tbe same camper, had the same thing happen. Both campers are now at the dealers being repaired. We had a few other things to rrepair. The bathroom door would not latch all the time. They told us they fixed the frame on the door, it was bent. A little concerning because we only camped 5 times so far and it's only my husband and me. Also had some stripped screws tthroughout the camper. Other than that we love it. We tow with a 2008 GMC Sierra and it does not toe well. We have WD and we are now going to add a sway bar. Hope it helps we are not in the market for a new truck just yet.
Sorry you are having towing problems. I tow with a 2010 F150 and a WD hitch with sway control and it tows fantastic. I did make one big change that really improved the wind buffeting that I was originally experiencing. I switched from a hard tonneau cover that was bed high to a high wedge cover that is very aerodynamic and goes about a foot higher than the cab. Wow did it make a difference. At about 65 mph the wind just settles down and everything gets incredibly calm even when semi trucks pass, etc. I also readjusted the hitch according the mfg instructions after I had everything loaded in the trailer and tow vehicle. It was quite a different setup from what the dealer had originally done when new and empty.
__________________
2015 Roo 23IKSS
2016 F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
Kanga99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:14 PM   #18
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingroo View Post
Hi Bikendan, We wanted the sway bars but the dealer talked us out of them. Friends of ours have a Chevy Silverado without sway, same camper, and it pulls like a charm. We are hoping with the sway on it pulls better. We have a 3hr plus ride coming up at the end of August.
It's quite common for dealers to setup WDHs incorrectly.
You should check the manufacturer's manual and check it.
And definitely get a swaw bar.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:07 AM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Massachusetts +
Posts: 21
Thank you for all the information. Never thought about the tonneau cover. Next time we tow we WILL have a sway bar. Also checking out the hitch setup. We are going to the White Mountains so that will be the test.
__________________
KB
rollingroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 02:38 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
dbarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 445
Back corner of my Coachmen's dinette slide would get wet during wet travels. I think the water would get pushed along the sweep seal to the rear end and then leak in. I added an additional seal that seals the sweep seal.
No more problems.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1441564666.064699.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	87952Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1441564679.931234.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	87953Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1441564695.652823.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	87954Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1441564705.918102.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	87955
__________________

__________________
'15 F150 Ecoboost Maxtow Scab '13 Freedom Exp. 233RBS
Days camped 2017-46, 2016 -56, 2015-33,
2014-47,

Years camping....52
dbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
leak, slide, slide out

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.