Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
ve6dave

So found the issue with the 12 volt system on 233S

When we were bringing our new Roo 233S home last summer I noticed that we had no 12 volt power when we weren't tied to the 120 volt landline. So today I went and grabbed the multimeter and started at the battery and worked my way back. Well I didn't have to go too far to find the issue. It seems that there is a "short stop" circuit breaker just prior to the junction box under the trailer. To add insult I ran out to the local RV parts store to grab a replacement. Armed with a new 30 A circuit breaker, I crawled under the trailer to replace the breaker. I pulled the old breaker only to find that it was a 40 A breaker and that it had a reset button on it. I pushed the reset and low and behold I had 12 volt power.

I return to the RV parts store to swap the 30 A for a 40 A because the repair guy said they have a tendency to blow. So now I have a spare.
ve6dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
Site Team

if you had posted about your issue, before you left for the RV parts store, that would have been the most common recommendation first.
a lot of times, it happens when the owner crosses the wires to the battery.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:48 PM   #3
ve6dave

See there is where the problem was, I think that I never had 12 volts from the time I picked it up. Unfortunately I never noticed until I was days into the trip home. Oh well another lesson learned and another thing to check on the PDI.
ve6dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt, 233, 233s