Old 06-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #11

All hat have soft doors. Never had a leak and sare enough my 08 StarCraft front bed s getting soft in the corner.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #12
Engineer of Crazy Train

With me only having one bunk, I am debating to get a quote from my local dude, or, trying a repair myself. I would just have to seal it up real good for the week or 2 of repairs.

Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #13

I don't know what Ill do. Figure the time, stress, worry, and no warranty on your own work. Price it out, lets see. Ill easy pay a grand for job done right, no worry, no stress, and some type of recourse if the first rainy tow home disenigrates the door.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #14

We just bought a 01 roo21 a month ago and discovered a load of leaks. The roof was never sealed at the joints and led to many repairs.
But the front and rear bunks leaked and I added 2 seals, a 5/8 x 1/2" high on the exterior flange and a smaller one right on the area that the original seal meets the bunk. Since I've done this no more bunk leaks. Now when winter comes I'm going to repair the water damage on the bunk doors in the workshop and I think I'll use frp instead of Luan. It's a little heavier but waterproof.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #15

2000 Shamrock

What do you think of using 2 layers of 1/4 multi ply plywood sandwich foam between with FRP to cover?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #16

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
This is all good information. I too have discovered problems with both ends of our '05 19' Roo. I have already had to fix a spongy floor due to previous owner's mistake. What a job that was. Monkihead's repair sounds like a good one and easier than the floor job I tackled.

I have seen in other posts that Forest River will give us new seals - so if I am reading correctly, there is a DIY fix posted earlier and if we do that and get the new seal package from FR, we should be good????
Old 07-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #17
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCooksinCT View Post
I have seen in other posts that Forest River will give us new seals - so if I am reading correctly, there is a DIY fix posted earlier and if we do that and get the new seal package from FR, we should be good????
i hate to say it but i doubt FR will send you free seals, for a 9 year-old hybrid.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
i hate to say it but i doubt FR will send you free seals, for a 9 year-old hybrid.
Well if they don't I can buy the seal package - would you assume after doing the panel repair and installing the seal pkg it would be sufficient? We are looking to sell it - but want to do a good repair job - however don't want to spend a fortune just to sell it for a few thousand dollars.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #19
Moderators' Assistant

i would get the parts and sell it for a little less but give the buyer the parts to let them fix it, at the discounted price for the trailer.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #20

Spongy Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCooksinCT View Post
Well if they don't I can buy the seal package - would you assume after doing the panel repair and installing the seal pkg it would be sufficient? We are looking to sell it - but want to do a good repair job - however don't want to spend a fortune just to sell it for a few thousand dollars.

The DIY is the cheapest way to go since the brunt of a repair cost (labor) is entirely negated. FR will sell you the seal components, and the bunk door repair is relatively inexpensive (material wise). All that being said, you will need to know a few things ahead of time before ordering the replacement seals. FR doesn't sale it in a "Kit" form. You will need to measure out the length of the door seal and the coach frame. They sale it by the foot.