Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2017, 02:23 PM   #1

Stabilizing Jacks of Different Sizes??

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but this is all new to me, personally. I have a Rockwood Roo 233S which apparently needs new jacks. Someone is telling me to buy 30" jacks for the back and 28" for the front? Originally I believe they were all 24".

Does it matter if the jacks are different sizes like this? Or is there anything else I should be aware of? Also are the 30" much more stable than the 28"?

Thank you in advance!!!
Bethers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:31 AM   #2

I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference. What does make a difference is how far the jack extends once you're leveled out. If the jack is way extended it will be "shaky" compared to 1/2 way extended. That's a good reason to put a few lynx blocks or equivalent under the stabilizer. Be advised it is very difficult to get all the shake out of a TT with just the stabilizer jacks
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff64 View Post
I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference. What does make a difference is how far the jack extends once you're leveled out. If the jack is way extended it will be "shaky" compared to 1/2 way extended. That's a good reason to put a few lynx blocks or equivalent under the stabilizer. Be advised it is very difficult to get all the shake out of a TT with just the stabilizer jacks
Thank you so much!! I appreciate you taken the time to get back to me. I am glad you old me that about the 1/2 way extended as I was not aware of that! Thanks!
Bethers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks