Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2015, 12:08 PM   #21

Wow, Stu, you came a long way. I have seen lots of RV's in the Olympia parking over the years and maybe you were there. Yes, it is and that is why we stay here and haven't thought about moving after we retired. If we were you young, we might consider moving to Alaska.

I'll go over the information you sent after lunch and some campground searching. We are in the process of trying to find a campground in northern Minnesota, near the Canadian border, in order to visit a black bear preserve. I love to photograph wildlife and a friend told me this is a great place. I have gone on a number of photography tours to shoot wildlife but this might be a little easier.
Digby (Lhasa Apso)
2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
dudleydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:01 PM   #22

Stu, yes the PUG's were ordered for this 23IKSS. I only used one while in Georgia and thought it was on the bunkend where it is a little short now. My DH had carpal tunnel surgery last week and as soon as he can support the end, I will try a PUG again. I only had one fixed with the carabiner so I know I am not confused (well not much) as to which one I used.
Digby (Lhasa Apso)
2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
dudleydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:13 PM   #23

Hi Stu, the use of the carabiners was someone else's idea awhile back. Having two of them per end really keeps those bungee cords from getting tangled during storage.
Not sure why the entire end is not getting covered, I believe there is a small difference in length between the front and rear bunk ends. There was on ours. Not sure of the side bunk on the 233ss. May want to send an email to Bob to verify the sizes.
We use a small 3 step stool and the mechanical hand contraption. We're in our 60's and really don't need to fall of the bunk ends!
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 02:48 AM   #24
Site Team

The front PUG will always be longer than the rear or side one.
This is because the front of the trailer is raked, which requires a longer front tent end.
The rear or side bunk door/wall is vertically straight, which doesn't need as long a tent end.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:17 AM   #25

Bob has always emailed me back very quickly so just want to give a plug to the amazing customer service.

Everything everyone said I agree with as well. I labeled mine as it is not always obvious which is longer without holding them up to each other. I take a ladder with me to clean off my slides so I use that with the pugs.