Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2015, 10:10 PM   #1

Steady fast stabilizing system

Has anyone installed a Steady fast stabilizing system on their Roo or Shamrock trailer? I have been looking at the information on their web site and most everything I have read has been installing them on a 5th wheel trailer, only a couple of travel trailers. We have a 23IKSS and love it but the wife would like it to be a little more stable when set up, especially when we camp for a week at a time.
RCCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:31 PM   #2
Retired May 2015

Just mounted SF on my 38ft 5th wheel. Outstanding performance and easy install. I live close to Bakersfield so I picked it up to save a couple of bucks. The owner was at the office. We talked shop for awhile, gave me his cell phone number in case I had any questions during the install. I highly recommend this product.
Retired 4/30/15
Traveling with new pup "Sammie". Boston Bull Terrier/chihuahua (Bo-huahua). Pronounced Bow wow wow.
dwcjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:41 PM   #3
Always Learning

I just installed it on my fifth wheel and I'm happy with the system. I can't help you with any travel trailer details, but I can only say I'd expect it to be a quality product and install given what I've seen.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:19 PM   #4
Site Team

RCCS, first, what have you done to try and eliminate movement?
are you using tandem wheel chocks?
most with smaller trailers, like hybrids, have been successful by using these along with the stabilizers, like us.

i don't see the need to use systems like Steadyfast, on such a small and lightweight trailer. to me it's overkill.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:02 PM   #5

I guess no one has installed one of these on a Roo. bikendan, I don't know if I would consider it overkill or not but I decided to order the Steadyfast stabilizing system anyway because it is on sale now for $110.00 off the usual price plus free shipping. I am going to install it in the spring as soon as I can move the trailer from its winter storage space. I don't know if you know that we have a 23IKSS Roo which is 604 pounds heavier than you 23ss and has a slide out on both sides. Yes I do use the tandem wheel X chocks already but the wife would like the trailer to be a little more stable if possible and from everything I have read about the Steadyfast system it should do the job and I did not want to wait to long and have to pay full price for it plus shipping.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCS View Post
I guess no one has installed one of these on a Roo. bikendan, I don't know if I would consider it overkill or not but I decided to order the Steadyfast stabilizing system anyway because it is on sale now for $110.00 off the usual price plus free shipping. I am going to install it in the spring as soon as I can move the trailer from its winter storage space. I don't know if you know that we have a 23IKSS Roo which is 604 pounds heavier than you 23ss and has a slide out on both sides. Yes I do use the tandem wheel X chocks already but the wife would like the trailer to be a little more stable if possible and from everything I have read about the Steadyfast system it should do the job and I did not want to wait to long and have to pay full price for it plus shipping.
Where are you ordering from?

2015 Sierra 32QBBS-23 nights camped since the end of June 2014
2015-sorry to say only 11 nights so far, more to come though
Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:20 PM   #7

Directly from Steadyfast.com. I ordered it on January 10th and had it here on Friday this last week.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:31 AM   #8

RCCS- please post a follow up once you've got them installed (and be sure to take some installation pics too). I've got a 23IKSS too and have not had problems with front to back rocking, but the side to side movement is still a problem. The X-Chocks are great for front to back but do nothing for side to side. DaGrinch suggested installing a step stabilizer but I have not had a chance to pick one up. I'm very interested in how much of a difference you notice.

2019 Surveyor 251RKS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCS View Post
Has anyone installed a Steady fast stabilizing system on their Roo or Shamrock trailer? I have been looking at the information on their web site and most everything I have read has been installing them on a 5th wheel trailer, only a couple of travel trailers. We have a 23IKSS and love it but the wife would like it to be a little more stable when set up, especially when we camp for a week at a time.
Also check out the Bal Stabilizers. I also checked out the Steady Fast ones for my FF but being cheap thought the were too expensive. I went with the Bal ones a lot cheaper and work great.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:04 AM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper1999 View Post
Also check out the Bal Stabilizers. I also checked out the Steady Fast ones for my FF but being cheap thought the were too expensive. I went with the Bal ones a lot cheaper and work great.
I have two bal's as well.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:40 PM   #11

I'd be interested in how well these work also. I sleep rather lightly and am on the front bunk in our 233S. One kid on the back bunk and the other on the side bunk. If either of them roll over during the night, I can feel it. One thing that helped a little it bit is my setup routine:

level the trailer side to side.
unhook from truck
level front to back
drop side bunk and extend slideout
drop corner stabilizers
drop front and rear bunks.

That side bunk and slideout all on one side of the trailer really changes the balance of weight side to side. So I think putting the stab jacks down after those are out lets them get set into a better position.
BeagleIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:28 PM   #12

We had our first camping trip this weekend since installing the steadyfast system on our Roo 23IKSS. All I can say is that it makes quite a difference in the stability of the camper. Much more stable, not as much movement when someone is coming into the camper and way less movement of the camper when someone is walking around in it. I think it was money well spent. It is very easy to use and was not difficult to install.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:11 AM   #13

Do you have any pics of it setup and installed?