Old 08-09-2015, 11:16 AM   #11
I tried this when I installed my homemade PUG. Seemed to work fine. I just made sure it was folded inside the seal area and left the velcro attached. Should make reattaching it easier when camping.

2016 Roo 21SS
2005 Ford Excursion-Sherman
Mods so far:
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:43 AM   #12
My Super High-Wind PUGs are attached by Velcro glued to the Plywood inside of the Roof-Ends, and have remained so for the past Year, including 5x Camping Trips.
I just make sure that the Bungees are Coiled-Up such that they won't Snag as the Beds are Slid In and Out. I've even tried Tucking the Coil-of-Bungee under the Mattress Sides, as sometimes I have to Pop-Up or Down in rather WINDY Conditions.
My PUGs stay ON all Year.

Pup: '11 HW-296
TV: '09 RAM 1500 Hemi 4x4 CC
seigell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #13
I take mine off every time to clean them, I roll them up and keep them in a chair bag,
Uncle Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:39 AM   #14
We generally leave our Super High Wind PUG's in place.

I removed them on one trip this summer because we were having to pack up with the bunk ends a bit damp. Used a short step stool we carry to climb on the bunk end to re-install them. Only issue is to remove the Reflectix window panels prior to climbing up, as it is difficult to prevent crawling over and bending / crushing them.

With the shock cords gathered and hooked together with two carabiners it is pretty easy to prevent jamming in the door gasket or tangling the cords.

We do not leave our thick mattress toppers in place though. Thinking Reflectix, PUG's, and toppers all jammed in to the bunk end might be a bridge too far.

Calgary AB
2014 Roo 233S
2011 Ford Econoline Club Wagon
stugilmour is offline   Reply With Quote